Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Belgium

Hi everybody !
    My name is Rohan Hennebert. I have been keen on low and slow cook and grill for over 25 years. I am the owner of the Smokehouse brand in Belgium,Netherlands, Luxembourg and France, and I travel every year across the USA to improve my knowledges. My job has directly to do with American BBQ as I opened a restaurant, a barbeque school, a catering and now I work as a demo-chef for Big Green Egg, The Bastard, Grill Guru, Louisiana Grills and Napoleon. I also contribute to the spread of BBQ by writting recpies for periodicals, magazines, journals, blogs… Glad to share my passion with you !

Very cool. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and it sounds like you have a lot to share with us. I always wonder how it works in the EU with BBQ - different tastes sure, but what about consistent supplies that we over here take for granted? I have family in the UK and Weber seems to have made it easy - of costly - there.

And a good World Cup start for you as well!

Comment

• rohan
        rohan commented
        Editing a comment
        Weber is the most known brand in Europe but it's very expensive indeed. As well as the BBQ sauces, rubs,...that we import from the US. Customs and taxes are insane!!! Tastes are quite differents mainly because we don't have Mesquite nor Hickory (we can buy some chunks, but no logs and it's very expensive)...but we have Oak, Apple, Cherry, Apricot, Walnut, Alder ...

• rohan
        rohan commented
        Editing a comment
        But the saddest thing is that we cannot find a well marbled brisket in our stores or at our butcher...Butchers are usind that cut to make ground beef, 2d choice steaks,...they don't want to sell the full brisket as a cut. On the other hand, we do have the best porks in the World, very good chicken, lamb, duck,...

• pknj
        pknj commented
        Editing a comment
        I never thought about wood...makes a lot of sense. Right about the meet. I’m always impressed by the quality of local butchers in Europe in general. We don't have that here as much anymore. Or mutton. I can’t get mutton over here for stew to save my life!

Welcome to the pit rohan! Glad to have another European aboard! I'm located in Stockholm, Sweden.

Sounds like you could teach us a thing or two.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rohan. I am looking forward to you sharing your knowledge with us.

Comment

Well shoot, we should be joining you rather than the other way around. I am humbled by your experience as I am with most folks around here. Now what we require in the rules, section 8, page 2, par 4 of said book, is that you show is a few pics of cookers, restaurants, food, heck you do it all, so we want pics of all. Welcome aboard Rohan.

Comment

Great resume. Look forward to your posts. Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Rohan ...

Comment

Looking forward to what you can share with us. Welcome from Texas !!!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                    Lookin forward to learnin along with ya!
                    Always glad to have another Rohirrim in th fold...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit along with your wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Wow! Very cool. It is great to meet you. Thank you for joining up. We are happy to have you.

Comment

Holy Belgain Blue!!

Thanks for the support and welcome!!!!

Comment

Welcome from Schertz Texas Population 39,354... Salute!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here