Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from NC

Been browsing the free offerings of this site for a few months and decided to join the pitmaster community after digging through tons of obvious trolling and "I own it so therefore it is the best" posts on various forums and FB groups for pellet smokers. I'm currently somewhere hot and sandy, but will be pulling the trigger on a pellet pooper before I get back to the US so I can catch up on tasty food.

I do own a Big Easy SRG and it's a fantastic oiless "fryer" and cooks a mean bird. I've modded it to try and get a bit more smoke at lower temps, but short of an external smoke unit the thing will never be more than a mediocre smoker for my skill level.

I've also played around with my gas grill and an amazn smoker tray with pretty good results, but the standard big box store quality has led to my $600ish grill rusting on the hardware and internally while the SS exterior remains flawless.

All of which led to my quest for an "affordable" but long lasting pellet smoker. I was looking at the Woodwind or Woodwind SG knowing the inside may not hold up to the NC air. I'm leaning towards a Rec Tec 700, but the wife isn't keen on the $1400 price tag. I also considered the Grilla Silverbac. Just gotta get the wife on board for the purchase and push hard for the Rec Tec for longevity reasons and size. Otherwise it'll probably be one of the Woodwind options.

Ultimately, unless I get one of the Woodwinds I'll be using the BESRG as a sear box (not as hot as a direct flame grill but hotter than any pellet smoker grilling capability).

In the meantime I'll be living vicariously through y'alls smoking adventures.
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; June 19, 2018, 06:40 AM.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome from Archer Lodge, NC!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Lookin forward to hearin more from ya, brother!
            Thanks fer yer Service, an be safe til it's time to head back to CONUS!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Bull City, NC! You're not missing any cool weather I promise you, supposed to hit 97F today and get hotter later this week.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                    ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Never minded the day time temps so much, more so that some of these places just don't cool off much at night like they do at home

Welcome to The PIT.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Denver, NC! Get the Rec Tec...you will love it.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Kernersville, NC! ItsAllGoneToTheDogs What part of NC do you reside?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          About an hour SE of Raleigh

• Hulagn1971
                          Hulagn1971 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Gotcha. I went to college in Wilson. Was Atlantic Christian then changed the name to Barton.

Welcome from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Ooh, ooh, vicariously living thru US? Boy are you in trouble! Can’t wait for you to get back. Meanwhile, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here