Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Pitmasters, New Member Here...Larry "The Wizard" Siegfried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pitmasters, New Member Here...Larry "The Wizard" Siegfried

Click image for larger version  Name:	30714649_10212739453264535_3926190808281120768_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	688.2 KB ID:	488923Hey Pitmasters, New Member here...Larry"The Wizard" Siegfried Here's a shot of my latest creation, The Wizard's Pit 3400 MK I It's a Weber performer 22.5" kettle that I have added a butcher-block top along with a solid Oak Foldaway front shelf and an Auto Temp controller using a BBQ Guru Pit Viper Fan, and weber kettle adapter.. I used a Weber iGrill ambient temperature sensor and a couple of cable glans to run the temp probes in and out of the kettle... Since this picture.. I have added wood lid handles that were made by Mark Britt.. So far it holds 250°F for over 5 hours without tending the fire.. I also have a Slow N Sear Plus installed .. My next Mod will be a Propane burner just for that quick cook of a Burger or a Shrimp Kebab ..that will be controlled by the original Charcoal igniter regular.. ..
    PPS.. I also have the Weber Pizza Kettle attachment that has a Rotisserie mod to it as well... What else could an old school Car Stereo installer do.. but Modify..
    Attached Files

Welcome to the pit! Hey, I'm an old school car stereo installer too! Did all kinds of competition style mods, rebuilding interiors, writing software for subwoofer calculations (I couldn't afford the expensive software, so I figured I could always write my own), filling trunks with 4 12"s, et.c. Loved it, still miss it.

You did a mighty fine job modifying that table, looks great! Can't wait to see your cooks, remember, photos or it didn't happen :-)

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I built my own subwoofer cab in junior high school wood shop, I want to say 6th grade. Put 2 12" 120W subs in it. I used to love that thump baby! My older brother was so impressed he bought them off me, since he actually had a car and I was about 12 or 13 and had them rigged in my bedroom.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! I still miss that thump, would be nice to do a stealth install in my current car.

• Mudbeaver
      Mudbeaver commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha I’ve done my fair share of box building/stereo installing, in my 20’s I had a Grand Prix w two twelves and two tens in the trunk, she’d rattle mud puddles, current truck has two kicker comp 10’s, plenty enough in my old age! By the way welcome wizard! That’s a mighty fine grill you have!!!

Welcome from Indiana!!

Awesome mods! Love the butcher block.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Larry! That's a fine looking setup you've got there ...

Comment

Mr. Wizard! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Larry. We love equipment mods here.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. I love the mods you made to that unit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Nice set up.

Comment

Welcome from Alabama!

Nice looking souped up Performer you have there! I'm still rolling stock on mine, haha.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Nice Table you made!

Comment

You’re a wizard Larry...I’m a what? Lol

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Certainly delighted to have ya here, with me!
                      Lovin how ya "Pimped yer Performer", brother!

Comment

Welcome TheWizardsPit

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois. Nice looking grill mods!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! What a great mod, beautiful work. It'd be nice if Weber offered a premium version that had those improvements!

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Click here to fill out an email change request, or email me at [email protected].
                            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here