Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy here

I'm Keith. I'm retired from the US Air Force and Federal Civil Service. Married to the beautiful Lisa Marie who is retired from the US Army. We live in Clinton Township, Michigan, just north of Detroit. Finally joined after referring to the website for about 5 years. Have read and referred to Meatheads book innumerable times. Got serious about BBQ, smoking, and grilling when I bought a Big Green Egg about 6 years ago. Also have an offset smoker/grill, a gas grill and a Blackstone gas griddle, and a small BGE, cheap grill, and another Blackstone griddle for camping. Might as well eat good while camping too! Hoping to finally build my outdoor kitchen this summer. I enjoy cooking in general, but really enjoy doing it outside. Always looking to step my game up and improve my skills, so that's why I'm here. I also grill a lunch every Friday at the local Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 154, as an appreciation lunch for our volunteers, usually 30-40 people. I enjoy seeing and hearing folks enjoy what I make. Always willing to experiment with food and technique, and not afraid to throw it out if it doesn't work out. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about your successes and sharing mine so we can learn from each other.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Whew, it almost sounds like we need you more than you need us. Good work & nice gear & amazing experience at cooking. Welcome eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome Keiferr

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service to this great country of ours!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois. Thank you and your wife for your service to our freedom!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Keith.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      First off, Thanks to yerself, an yer wife fer yer Service to our Country! (I was jus a poor ol Air Det Seabee)...

Delighted to have ya join th fold, although it sounds like ya might mebbe need yerself another cooker, or three
                      Pull yerselves up a stump to th fire, an join right in...Drinks are on me!

Firebase Bonedaddy, Forward, out...

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg and thanks to all who have served on either side of our borders. Sounds like you got a great start with cookers, a Blackstone is definitely on my list. Bet not too much actually needs to be thrown out, might just not be up to your standards. Enjoy.

Comment

• Keiferr
                          Keiferr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I had the honor of working with Canadian Forces a couple of times. Great patriots and warriors! They work hard and play hard!

Welcome to the Pit! Your arsenal of cookers has you set to cook.

Comment

• Keiferr
                          Keiferr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks! I have two ovens in the house too. One hold my aluminum pans and I haven't found a use for the other one other than warming up leftover pizza.

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina! And thank you!

Comment

Another welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here