Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone 36" or Camp Cheft flat top 600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone 36" or Camp Cheft flat top 600

Looking to buy 1 of the above and looking for opinions on which is better. Field and Stream has the Blackstone for $199 [ends today] Is that a good buy or should I hold out for the Camp Chef?

I am really happy with my Blackstone 36" I have cooked on it many times in the past month, it is a joy. I looked at the Camp Chef too, I juat didn't think the extra cost was worth it. I saw them next to each other at a Dick's Sporting Goods Store, and I decided to order the Blackstone. Make sure you get the one with the rear grease catch, as the one with the front grease catch tends to allow grease to run down the front leg. This can be remedied, but I also like being able to push the grease and fat away from me while cooking.

Comment

I like Spinaker have the BlackStone 36” but in stainless and love it. Mine though has the grease trap in the front side. Which I don’t mind at all. Haven’t had any grease run down the leg. Yet.
      One thing to consider is if you are planning on getting the surround table, which is very useful. At present the table is not compatible with the rear grease trap.
      And @ $199 that’s a great deal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here