Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from NJ !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NJ !

Hello, My name in Ken Im 59 and live in the south part of New Jersey. Born and raised in the restaurant business, Im still on the job at the same restaurant for the past 40 years. We are a family run seafood restaurant so BBQ does not come in to play. (I do remember we bought one of the first cookshack smokers at a foodshow at least 20 years ago that we never had much luck with). I love to BBQ at home for family and friends when time allows. I have had a BGE for about 5/6 years and have cooked everything on it from pizza to turkeys. I love experimenting with different cooking methods and perfecting them. Using my family and friends and my judges! I bought a Blazn Grill works pellet smoker about 2 years ago and have had fun with the cooks on that as well. It is a quality smoker. My go to cooks are baby back ribs and whole roaster chickens. My family and friends can’t get enough

Been Married 30 years, have three grown kids. We enjoy a winter home in Vt. and purchased a
    Kamaodo smoker for up there as well.

Not much of a conversationalist (as you can tell, joined 2 years ago, just getting around to posting) with most web-forums, but after lurking, I really am finding amazingribs site interesting and read more and learn more everyday. Illl try to post more as time allows and look forward to honing my BBQ skills! Keep up the great work. Awesome job putting this site together. Great community !!! 👍

Welcome from Colorado. Ken ...

Comment

A belated welcome to the learning Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard, glad to see you finally sign in. 😎 Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome Ken! Now don’t wait that long for your next post ;-)

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Henrik, Amizon.Com and Their Shipper Delivered to Me Brand New Hardback Copy of "BARBECUE Fire and smoke" Authored by a Young Feller from Sweden by the name of Henrik Osscarssoon❓❓ Have You
            Heard of Him❓ It's a Beautiful Book IMLTHOP‼️ 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 Dan

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know about 'young', but yeah, I've heard of him. Or smelled the smoke coming out of his smoker. Smells guuuud ;-) Thanks Dan!

smoken, Welcome to the "PIT CLUB"❗️ What the H--L Ken❓ +- 2 Years Absent❓❓ 🤔
          You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ UNIV❗️
          Attendence and Participation are Mandatory ❗️
          Enjoy the "PIT CLUB"‼️
          Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
          Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 25, 2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ken.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit, belatedly!
                Glad to finally hear from ya, an glad to have ya here, to learn along with, an from!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from another Jersey boy. Well, its been awhile. Anyway, welcome !!

Comment

Welcome! Nice to see someone else from South Jersey!

Comment

Welcome, from Minnesota. Glad you decided to post. Cheers!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. I joined and read for a long time before posting as well. Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

Welcome smoken

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here