Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less

Newbie from Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fracmeister
    Founding Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Sprang, TX
    • Dances with lemmings

(and smokes on a Yoder 640, raises bees and shoots a .408 WIndrunner) "come la notte i furti miei seconda"

I am sure you will find this a step up from JDawgs but I do like that hot dog!

I always recommend starting with pulled pork...a Boston Butt is very forgiving. Dry brine and then lay on the Memphis Meat rub. As long as you cook it till you hit the right internal temp it seems to turn out great. Don't forget to pick up a pair of bear claws to help with the shredding.

Don't be afraid of the brisket. People act like it is very difficult but I have never had a failure. I do buy the best brisket I can find and maybe being in Houston I am spoiled that way.

Good luck!

Comment

• Hayduke
      Hayduke commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya but JDawgs PG 13 is my jam! Funny, I am terrified of brisket. I will have to cook up a few and ease the anxiety

• fracmeister
      fracmeister commented
      Editing a comment
      No brisket before pulled pork. Trust me, in Utah you can get hero status with pulled pork sliders
  • HawkerXP
    Club Member
    • Jul 2016
    • Virginia
    • 2 Weber Performers
      1 kettle
      1 Smoky Joe
      PBC
      Thermoworks POPs
      Dot and Chef Alarm
      2 Slo n Sears
      Cold beer

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• GrillGrate Michael
      Club Member
      • Jan 2017

Hayduke dig the name! As in George Washington Hayduke from Ed Abbey's books? Regardless welcome

Comment

• Hayduke
        Hayduke commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir! Nice catch!

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
    See more
    See less
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Meat-Up in Memphis