Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Maryland

Hi guys

I'm gonna be the newb asking stupid questions. I am from the Eastern Shore of Maryland and I have only grilled propane or charcoal up to now. Now I have this need for smoke that can finally be filled via pellets. I have an order in for the Camp Chef SmokePro SG. I am really looking forward to this. Well everything but the hiding I am expecting from the wife. :P Are there basic things I just have to have? I'm thinking a wireless probe is a good idea.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA
    Mike

Welcome from NorCal!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Glad to have ya here, don't be afraid to ask questions, an git involved!

Comment

Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Right next to Assateague island.
        Wireless systems for temperature are a great thing to have. I have a maverick, a smoke from thermoworks, and also a fireboard. (Least cost to highest cost.) All are good in my experience.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Frederick Co. MD!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	786A8058-C235-40C5-9FAD-F292FC819AA1.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	480469Click image for larger version

Name:	37A0273E-6559-4B73-AFF8-3F925BB09DD9.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	480470

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha! Ha! Yup!

Welcome to The Pit. A wireless thermo with at least two probes is a very good idea, but a good instant read thermo should be first because you can use it for just about anything you cook.

Comment

No need to go all expensive right off the bat. A good probe for the grate and one for the meat and neither needs to be wireless IMHO. Welcome to the Pit from Va!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome! Thank you for your support. I don't have much to offer to answer your question that hasn't been said. But congrats on the soon to be new gear! I'm not very good at hiding new things from my wife so no help there either, best of luck to you!

Comment

Welcome mdlnewman

Comment

Welcome from a fellow shoreman!

Comment

Are you in for a surprise. There is sooooo much that you need, but, we’ll hep ya out. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Oh Looky what I just put together.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here