Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Gloucester, VA across the river from Yorktown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Gloucester, VA across the river from Yorktown

I've preached Weber for years, only grill I've owed since the early '70's. Many 22's and a few gas grills including a new Genisis and Q. Now looking forward to new adventures with ABC.

Personal info: Retired Navy, Nam Vet. Orginally from Ohio but a trasplanted Virginian,been here on and off sinse '68, to them I'm still a damn Yankee even though I married a local.

A story about kettle cooking. This is my second wife, shortly after we got married Thanksgiving rolled around. I told the wife I'd cook the turkey. She asked me how i planed to cook it. When I informed her that I'd be grilling it her reply was that she had better cook one too because her girls were picky eaters. Now we're not talking young kids, these girls were around 20 years old. Anyway at the end of the day my grilled turkey was almost picked clean, hers was virtally untouched! Only bad thing, now every holiday where a turkey is appropriate Don grills it! Now I plan to "SMOKE" it.

Welcome DonK

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Don.

Comment

Don grills/smokes it! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from the land of the deep fried Mars Bar!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from northern VA!
                You also just missed out on a weekend campout and meatup.

Comment

Welcome from NorCal!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                    Great to have ya here, thanks fer yer Service, Brother! (Recoverin Air Det Seabee, here! )

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Don! Happy to have you here, thank you for the support! Cool story on the turkey, we hear a lot of that kinda thing. A smoked/grilled turkey seems to worry folks who've never had it, but it usually impresses everyone who tries it!

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at [email protected].
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which paid members get free monthly entry into, and is open to all USA members. We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I asked my wife if I could spatchcock the turkey for thanksgiving, and her question was could I sew it back together for appearance purposes. We had one more whole smoked turkey. I did do a spatchcock one later in the year.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here