Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Chi-Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Chi-Town

Hello all,

I spent many a months lurking on the site. Decided to join and see what I can learn about one of my favorite things, smoking!

Little background on Timmy!
    I have been cooking for 23+ years. I am the only one who cooks in my house. My wife has trouble boiling water She's always willing to help me out, just not something that shes as passionate about as I am. I have taken a big interest in smoking food approx 5 years ago. Myself, along with a few close friends all gather and do smoke parties. 3-4 of us get up early, fire the old smokers up and smoke all day. Then other friends show up to reap the rewards of an all day event. Tons of fun!! My joy comes from people eating the food.

I finally broke down and did something nice for myself. I recently purchased a 22.5" WSM, I'm thrilled!! I got it assembled recently and am making some moves to do the following:

1 - I want to improve the quality of what I smoke (currently friends I smoke with say my pork butt is rather tasty) I think I can improve on what I am doing. I want to try the dry brine method for a pork butt and see how that compares.

2 - I would like to expand what I smoke. I seem to be the guy who is always asked to smoke pork butt. I have smoked salmon, ribs, chicken, etc. - I'd like to try pork belly, brisket, or a pastrami!

I enjoy reading the site as there are a lot of great articles. I look forward to trying some of the things I read. I'm super excited.
    Now if Mother nature would just like to stop teasing me here and get with the warm weather, I'd be super happy!

I just wanted to drop by and say HELLO!

Cheers to all you, thanks for reading a bit about me. Look forward to growing my smoking knowledge.

Welcome to great learning in the Pit! One quick tip on brisket - avoid select and go for choice or prime grade. Select will be a disappointment.

Comment

Welcome TinkerTimmy

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Timmy from Texas. I know what you mean, I do most of the cooking in my house as well. In fact this weekend I ended up cooking about 12 hours indoors and on my patio while the wife worked her butt off in the yard. She claims we have assumed backward roles in life. I like my job better

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here