Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Round Rock Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Round Rock Texas

I'm looking to doing more cooking in the oven because now I live in a condo. Condo living.. anyway, I'm cooking a brisket, starting tonight, for dinner tomorrow night. Any suggestions!

Oven gas or electric? Many oven have a hard time holding low temps. First give it a test with a maverick or oven thermometer or something like that. Many cook there's in a 4 or 6 inch hotel pan all the way through or after a crust develops and then covered.

likely your oven will cook well and stable somewhere between 275°and 310°. Nothing wrong with that for indoor cooking.

Some add some liquid for a braise. Some add aromatics and herbs. Although indoor cooking is not traditional BBQ I'd does allow you the advantages of cooking differently.

If thers anyway to get some smoke on it for a few hours prior to cooking that would be great. A gasser, perhaps a friends house and invite them over for the finish.

good luck!! Let us know how it comes out. Pictures too!

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your brisket.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      This guy knows what he is talking about, he's a professional!!! With a degree.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea except he makes leaky burgers

• calley22
      calley22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I appreciate your suggestions!

Welcome to the pit calley22! Briskets work well indoors too.

Read up on Meathead's brisket guide, it's very comprehensive and it's applicable for indoor cooking too (minus the smoke of course).

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

• calley22
      calley22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Henrik!

Welcome from Winnipeg. Too bad you are a bit restricted in outdoor cooking. A slow cooker can also help if your oven does not hold low temperature very well.

Comment

You're also a perfect candidate for a sous vide immersion cooker. Welcome from the Houston area !!!

Comment

Welcome! Happy to have you and thank you for your support.

My indoor oven is gas and will go down to 170 at the lowest point. You may not have an issue holding 225 or thereabouts, I suppose it depends on your oven, but your oven most likely will swing quite wildly from whatever set point you use.

I say review the article Henrik linked you to, trim & season it well, and place it directly on the grate with a pan below it to catch drippings and plenty of foil under & around that to catch overflow or whatever will drip outside of the pan. From there, just pretend it's in a smoker and follow the article! If you don't want "Bark360", you could place it in a pan but I'd suggest it be lifted up on a rack in said pan so it's not in its own juices, this will help ensure even cooking and tenderizing.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow!!! 170° what kind of oven do you have. That's amazing!

• calley22
          calley22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for your input!

Welcome to The Pit! We are happy to have you here.

Even if you are in a condo, you still have options. Sous Vide circulator and a cast iron skillet can do a lot of good in the kitchen. There are tailgating style cookers and electric smokers/grills that can be utilized as well.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Sez the god of cast iron! But he's right, of course!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL. You know I had to get a cast iron plug, in there. EdF

• calley22
          calley22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea! Thank you!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Good luck, calley22 . I have no advice for the oven, except if you screw it up too bad, just head over to Rudy's!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit,

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome calley22

Comment

Do you have a patio or a garage? Welcome aboard! Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Glad yer here, I'm sure we'll find all sortsa good things ya can make in yer oven!
                      (Don't ferget: ya also got a stove, as well... )

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here