Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from H-Town!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from H-Town!

Hi, I’m Dom from Houston, Texas. I came across AmazingRibs.com through Meathead’s book that I picked up and started reading after the BBQ bug bit me sometime this past August. I have really fallen in love with the traditional techniques for doing BBQ using an offset smoker and managing a fire the old-fashioned way. I am however a student of it all and want to learn all about the different methodologies, beliefs, opinions, techniques, and equipment, etc… that are out there! I am a chef in my own right and specialize in Tex-Mex and am pretty good at grilling fajitas over an open flame using mesquite wood but I don’t associate my cooking skills with that of learning the art of BBQ, especially in the traditional sense of "low and slow" with a stick burner.

I have been going through the AmazingRibs.com website little by little and am amazed at all the info it has from equipment reviews to recipes ideas and the whole science behind grilling and smoking. It is the most organized and complete labyrinth of info that I have ever come across! AMAZING! No pun intended! This is the first forum that I have ever participated in so I am definitely new to all of this but my desire to keep on learning has thrusted me into the unknown! I have crossed the Rubicon, there’s no turning back! I appreciate the opportunity to participate in The Pit and learn what I can from everyone involved! The trick is finding time in my busy schedule but where there's a will there's a way! Looking forward to upping my game even if it doesn’t leave my back yard!

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Very welcome to the pit Smokey Dom! Most of us in here are bitten already, so you're in good company! BBQ sure is great, isn't it? We're all here to help, so just fire away if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing your cooks.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

• Smokey Dom
        Smokey Dom commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the help. I clicked on my name, went to User Settings then to Notifications but don't see where my email would be listed? I did see where it asks you if you want to receive emails or stick to the message center within the forum but I don't see my email or where it would be? It's probably starring at me right in the face? LOL!

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Doh! My bad, it’s moved, you can see it under the Account tab. Sorry, will update the instructions.

• Smokey Dom
        Smokey Dom commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries, I did find it in under the Account tab. That's my email. No need to change it. Thank you.

Welcome from Winnipeg in the frozen North. Enjoy the site and all the good info.

Comment

Welcome Smokey Dom

Comment

Smokey Dom, Welcome to the "Pit Club"❗️
          You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️
          Attendance and Participation are Mandatory❗️
          Enjoy the "Pit Club"‼️
          Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Dom. Since Tex-Mex is your specialty, I suggest subbing pulled pork or pulled chuck roast in some of your recipes. That will take them to another level.

Comment

From one chef to another..... I have climbed the mountain, been bitten by the monster and stared into the pitch black abyss. Fare ye well my friend and.....

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your Skillz. Have some fun and eat well.

Comment

You've come to the right spot. Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

Welcome to the labyrinth of .................... we’ll talk more of that later. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      I'm lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!
                      Glad to have ya aboard, Dom!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Dude, welcome welcome! You live in the hottest barbecue city we have. More new great authentic barbecue joints in Houston all the time!

Welcome, also to #ClubStickburner!!!!

Comment

• Smokey Dom
                            Smokey Dom commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Boo Yah!!!

Welcome from the Galveston area brother!

Comment

• Smokey Dom
                            Smokey Dom commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I love Galveston! I'm there all the time. Thanks neighbor!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here