Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Studio City, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Studio City, CA

Hello all, I stumbled on to this site looking for more info about BBQ as my wife bought me a Bradley smoker for Xmas, which I've so far made a disastrous tri tip, some amazing pork ribs, and just put in the fridge in vacu-seal 3 pounds of smoked Gouda, Mozzarella, pepper jack and cheddar. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out a month from now. Anyhow looking forward to learning more about the craft here at The Pit. -Greg

Welcome Greg! Expect Huskee to come along any second with a homework assignment. Fear not, it's almost painless.

Comment

....I heard my name and came running....

Welcome Greg! At least you can get tri-tip, and you're in the right place to pick up the techniques to make it happen with killer results next time!

As far as this homework assignment that Pit Boss speaks of it's here. This will help you get a good feel for The Pit, as well as help you set up your signature and learn the best way to post nice big bragging pictures for all of us to see.

Enjoy!

Comment

Hey there T2, welcome to the pit.

Comment

Hi Greg , welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome Greg - smoking cheese is something that has peaked my interest lately as well! A big Pit welcome from the Charleston, SC area!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. Looking forward to the forum!

Comment

Welcome, from the frozen tundra of Minnesota!!!

Comment

Welcome, Tee2!

Comment

Welcome T2. I used to live in the South Bay, and as alluded to by Huskee I'm jealous of the availability and cost of tri-tip in Cali. Good Santa Maria style Tri-tip is a technique of its own. (See the "official" site here or Meathead's take here.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here