Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Grossbauer here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Grossbauer here

Hey all you BBQ brothers and sisters -- thanks for letting me play in your pit from Sheridan, Michigan. I am very new to cooking low and slow and am looking forward to getting to know the art of this type of cooking. I consider myself a pretty good "griller", however I have already read enough on here to significantly improve my successes in the grill as well.

My wife bought me a Smokey Hollow ProSeries LPG smoker from Sam's Club for my birthday in November and I used it with great success for the first time smoking a 15 pound turkey for Thanksgiving by following the tips on this site (rave reviews around the table) and just yesterday smoked three meaty slabs of SLC pork ribs, also with rave reviews (although I did let the water pan dry out and they were a bit more chewy than I had planned).

My next venture will be to dry out some venison jerky and hickory sticks with the smoker here in the next couple of weeks. I am sure it will be a significant improvement over the oven-dried method we have been using.

Thanks again, hope to catch up to you all on a regular basis. The pic is just before removing from the smoker for Christmas.

Welcome aboard Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, welcome to the Pit

Comment

Hey, Welcome to The Pit!!

Comment

Welcome fellow Michiganian! Congrats on the new toy/tool.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mark! We're glad you're here. It's good to see you have a good digital thermometer to go with that smoker

Comment

Hello Mark, Welcome!

Comment

Right on Mark! You might want to check out MH's Huli Huli marinade and try it on your jerky - it is a teriyaki with ginger, sesame oil and BBQ sauce; definitely full-flavor stuff! Welcome to the Pit from the SC Lowcountry!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here