Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Knoxville, Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Knoxville, Tennessee

Hi Folks, Joe Bryant. Glad to be part of what sure seems like an awesome forum. My regular job is running www.footballguys.com - a subscription service website for Fantasy Football. We have a large message board forum there so I totally get the power of forums.
    The thing I love most about BBQ is it's a redemption story. It's an underdog story. The rich folks got the best cuts of meat from the animal and the "other" folks got the cast off cuts. But the other folks through hard work and ingenuity figured out how to transform the tough cuts into something even better. So now the Briskets and the Pork Shoulders are more sought after than the T-Bone and Pork Chops. It's modern day alchemy. I love that.
    Secondly, I love the communal aspect and how BBQ almost always signifies something special. We built a homemade trailer that can handle 64 Boston Butts at a time to use for cooking for our Homeless Folks in downtown Knoxville a couple of times a month. I'm assuming many of y'all are wired the same way - but I'm "fed" when I see other folks enjoy food I've made.
    I'm kicking around the idea of a restaurant but want to be very careful there. I know it's about much more than just cooking great food. We'll see.
    I live in Tennessee so Pork is king here but I spent much of my youth and college years in Texas and love the Central Texas Market style. I see no reason one can't do both well.
    Glad to be part of the forum and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks. And for anyone that cares, a quick video about serving downtown https://vimeo.com/128523784

Welcome to the pit from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome joebryant

Comment

Greetings from the Denver area ...

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You are a good man Joe - and doing good things for your community. I'm sure you will be a great asset to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
              • Check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
              • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, thanks for joining!

Comment

64 pork butts? A couple of times a month? I don’t have 64 on my resume period, let alone.......well whatever. My hat off to ya! Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Glad to have you. In fact, we may meet someday under the bridge. I am in Knoxville a fair amount visiting my son at UTK. Both of us will probably help in some way.

M.
                        Last edited by Mark E.; February 14, 2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                          64 pork butts? A couple of times a month? I don’t have 64 on my resume period, let alone.......well whatever. My hat off to ya! Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!
                          It's not that big a deal, Fireman. Cooking 64 is pretty much like cooking 6 - it just takes longer to load and unload!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                            Glad to have ya here, kudos on all yer good works!

Comment

Welcome joebryant, from Minnesota.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here