Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy New Year from the Western Maine Mountains!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year from the Western Maine Mountains!

glad to be here! I just bought a butchered whole hog and am in the process of curing my own bacon right now. Can’t wait!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!
    Lookin' forward to some pics...
    Glad yer here with us!
    Happy New Year, btw!

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! You will never want store-bought bacon again!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome Bottchbbq and Happy New Year

Comment

Keep warm in that blizzard, let’s see....yes I believe it just turned 70* here in Houston.....

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Grrrrrrrr........................Brrrrrrrrrrrr

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              We're hunkered down at 60°. I was gonna fire up the grill but the windchill may take us to 61°

• Bottchbbq
              Bottchbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              The high here today was -12 with a wind chill of -45! That’s pretty cold even for us, I’m waiting until Monday to smoke my bacon because it’s going to be close to tropical at around 20 degrees. Haha

Been there back in the early/mid 70's, with a short-term girlfriend who had relatives in the lumber industry. Great poker game with decent whiskey. Hope she's doing well, and hope all of the nice folk I met there are doing well too. Welcome!

Comment

• Bottchbbq
              Bottchbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Mainers are good people. I moved back here a couple of years ago after spending ten years in Southern California. Great to be back!

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely agree. Low ceremony real people.

The wife and I are considering Maine for retirement (or something like it).

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Never thought of a western Maine, something to consider. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

• Bottchbbq
                Bottchbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s beautiful here. Mountains, lakes, rivers, wildlife.... pretty much the home of LL Bean.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas,

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. I use to go to Balch Pond when I was a youngster isn't that close to you?

Comment

• Bottchbbq
                  Bottchbbq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Balch Pond is a couple hours south of Rangeley. If I’m not mistaken, you were closer to Sabego Lake. It’s very nice here too!

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support. We would love to see that bacon once the curing/smoking process is finished!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

• Bottchbbq
                  Bottchbbq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Spin, glad to be here.

Huntington Beach welcomes you and some of that bacon but a slab will do if the bacons not ready.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Enjoy your bacon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here