Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Swede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Swede

Hi!
    My name is Peter Soderborg and I'm 46 years old. I live some miles north-east of Gothenburg in Sweden. This time of year it's quite dark here and today we had sunlight for 6 hours and 29 minutes... But that's no hinder for some BBQ!
    Right now I'm doing my second ham of boar on my Big Green Egg. The first one turned out good but a little too salty. Some adjustments and I hope this one will be even better.
    To my Egg I have a "CyberQ Wifi" that keeps control of the pit temp and up to three meat probes. There is also a fan attached that the CyberQ controls to keep the pit temp at the set temperature. A great device when the BBQ goes on for many hours.
    To my profession I'm a mechanical engineer and for two periods of totally 2,5 years I've lived and worked in US, first in Virginia and then in New Mexico. Great memories from over there!
    Hope to find some mates here to share experiences with.
    Take care!
    //Ptr

Welcome Swede from Alaska. We seem to be sharing the lack of sunlight. We don't let the dark and cold stop us either! There are a lot of good people here who will teach you a great deal. Good luck and good cooking.

Comment

• The Swede
      The Swede commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for that! We'll just have to look forward to midsummer!

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh yes. Sunlight, salmon, mosquitos...lol

Middle of the US here, no sun to be found lately. Welcome, always interested in international flavors and techniques, especially when we can all agree on which cut we're talking about.

Comment

Hey Peter! Welcome

Comment

Hi Peter , welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome Peter. You've come to the right place.

Comment

Welcome Peter! Glad to have yet another friend and member from afar! Another of your fellow countrymen hangs out here and is a very talented cook, named Henrik. We look forward to your contributions here and hope to help however we can.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome aboard Peter

Comment

Welcome Peter! We're glad you're here. Got any pics of 2 meter snow drifts half burying the BGE?

Comment

Hey Peter, welcome to the Pit! I'm currently located in Stockholm, but was born and raised in Skåne. Also using a BGE.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here