Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Austin TX metro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Austin TX metro

I just finished reading over the recommended guidelines.... time for introduction
    I am new to this.. love BBQ and have been enjoying learning more about smoking over the last few years.
    I started by selling my gas grill and going back to using a Weber kettle..
    Then I stepped up to a WSM since my neighbor could smoke such tasty meats.
    WSM is really good.. then I invested in the slow-n-sear which is awesome
    I wanted to learn and try my hand at offset so bought an All Square Feeder 3/16"
    - love the flavor from this as I have learned about the "blue smoke" much better flavor than the WSM - but it is like taking care of a baby.
    Then after seeing so many Kamado's I bought a Char-grill Kamado on sale for $299.. getting used to this
    - This is really nice - efficient - set it and forget it (one day when I recoup my piggy bank I want a Kamado Joe)
    Since I have gotten into smoking - I get anxiety when I don't have some type of smoking going on at least once a week.
    I work from my house so I can keep an eye on it most days.
    That is about my activities with smoking.. I have enjoyed the opinions and recommendations from this site.

Welcome KBARD

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

You might have finished reading the guidelines but did you read the rules? Rule #1 You must take pics of your first couple cooks & any ensuing "special" cooks & submit them for our approval, cuz we like lookin at good food. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Addendum to Rule 1, no pics, no cook. That’s just the way it is around here.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t mind FireMan , he gets cranky when he doesn’t get his visual cue fix .....

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It looks like you are living up to the "Texas" reputation. BBQ, any and every way! Sweet!!
          Wait, I forgot. "Salt n Pepper" only.

Comment

• KBARD
            KBARD commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there HawkerXP.. yes indeed Salt n Pepper - that is my fave.. after watching Franklin's youtube on brisket smoking.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

You belong here. Your story is all our stories too! Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit KBARD ! Looks of good cookers in your life. Got pics of your cooking area?

Comment

Dude, I love your story! Yes!!!

When people ask me my "Secret" to cooking great Barbecue, I just tell them to smoke some meat (not just chicken) 2-3 times a week for 3-4 years and, just like that, you are pretty good at it!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                  PaulstheRibList commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, and #StickBurnersRule

• Nightrayne
                  Nightrayne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, they sure do!

Welcome to the Pit and the world of Kamado cooking!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois, sounds like you are well on your way to great food from now on.

Comment

Welcome from Katy brother!! I can already tell you got a bad case of MCS (multiple cooker syndrome). Don’t worry, we have great support groups here....

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support. Great to have you.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
                        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here