Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey from Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey from Massachusetts

First, I have to tell you that my policy has been to not even ready forums, blog comments, etc. because of the trolling, pettiness and vitriol that seems to dominate them.

But the camaraderie, respect and amazing information so freely shared on this site is truly astounding and I can't help but join in the discussion! I was drawn to AR because of the great information, but I've come out of the shadows because of how you all interact. Anyway, briefly about me...

I'm a long-time rabid home cook and have gotten a ton of use out of my Weber Silver C gasser. But I'm relatively new to the BBQ game. But since getting my WSM 18.5" a couple years ago, I've fallen hard! In addition to the two Webers, I recently built a cinder block pit with a makeshift rack for hanging stuff. Working on plans for a more elegant open fire pit down the road.

So far, I've done pork ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, salmon, deviled eggs (they are awesome!) and chili on the smoker. In other words...I haven't taken the brisket plunge yet!

That's probably enough from me. Thanks again for the great community you've created here - proud to have joined it!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Hey from Indiana

Comment

Welcome JC1974

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir. A kettle and an SnS would make a fine addition to that Weber collection you have going. Just ask Mr. Bones and heel tell you you don't have enough Webers yet.

Comment

• JC1974
              JC1974 commented
              Editing a comment
              You're right...those are long overdue additions to my Weber collection!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
            Glad ya' decided to join in, lookin' forward to yer input!
            Stayin' at zero posts fer a year didn't win ya' th' monthly giveaway, but nice try, anyhow...
            I joined th' same time ya' did, but I'm a few posts ahead of ya'!
            Pull up a chair, brother, grab a beverage, an' jump into th' Fun here!
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 12, 2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• JC1974
              JC1974 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, posting I'm way behind on, but if there was a monthly giveaway for beverages, I'd be killin' it!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              JC1974 I don't know? I might have you on the beverage thing. Bonsey, funny on the giveaway thing. BWHAHAHA

Welcome to great fun in the Pit!

Comment

I am old enough to know you leave your ego and pettiness at the door when it comes to smoke. You won't find one among us that it has not humbled in some way... Getting some to admit it is a challenge, but none the less... Welcome to the smoke. Its warmer here than in the shadows my friend.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Ain't nothing petty about your smoke brother.

• FlaBouy
                FlaBouy commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been known to have a little Petty playin in the background during my smokes....

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Where in Mass? I lived there for about 25 years.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chestnut Hill, Allston, Brighton, Waltham, Lexington, JP, Watertown, Arlington, Winchester, Newton/Waban, Gloucester, Ipswich. I think that's all. ;-)

• JC1974
                  JC1974 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man, you made the rounds! I'm in West Newbury now. Grew up in Andover, but also lived in Reading and Brookline.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  West Newbury is sweet!

Welcome, I also lived in the Commonwealth of Mass for 26 years, Somerville then up to Tewksbury and Lowell, shoveled 3 ft of partly cloudy and decided to go to warmer parts

Comment

• JC1974
                  JC1974 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear you. That's why I went down south for college and spent about 5 years in the Bay Area. But I guess there's no place like home!

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just noticed that avatar. NICE ONE!!!

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL! Get a whole packer and post some pics of the cook, the folks here will be with you all the way!

Comment

WELCOME FROM GEORGIA, you could not planor be part off a better team, to ride the ARS train with// all the knowledge at your fingertips and you don't have to pay a high price tuition and all your classes are online.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here