Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Harrisonburg, Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Harrisonburg, Virginia

Hello everyone, I'm new to The Pit, but not new to the site. I first found AR about 5 years ago when I was searching for my first smoker. Up until then I had just used cheap small charcoal grills for burgers/steak/chicken, but had decided I wanted to give smoking meat a try since I loved going to local BBQ restaurants. After reading through AR reviews, as well as several other sites, I decided on a PBC, and couldn't have been happier with my decision. After a few years of practicing with the PBC, tweaking rubs and sauces, (and with a lot of help from AR!) I could make fairly consistently what I consider good BBQ (mostly butts, ribs, and pork loin which I would slice fairly thin for sandwiches). I cooked for a few small gigs for friends, not really for profit, just for fun such as small parties and even did a few pork loin's as a wedding gift to a good friend of mine for the main course at his wedding reception (a large undertaking for a fairly small smoker!) The desire for cooking larger quantities drew me back to AR this summer as I began my search for a larger cooker. I have no plans of doing this commercially so I didn't need anything huge. After a lot of deliberation, I decided on a Meadow Creek PR42 with charcoal pull-out, doors in the lid, and the charcoal pan for grilling. I've only used it once, (I posted about the cook in the show me what you're cooking section), but have liked the results thus far. I know I couldn't be producing BBQ that people enjoy as much as they do if it weren't for the information, directions, suggestions, and recipes on this site, so I decided as I was ordering the new cooker, that it was also time that I gave back to the site that gave me so much. I've really enjoyed what I have had time to read so far, and look forward to continuing to meet and learn from you great folks here in The Pit!

Welcome to the Pit from the Republic of Texas !!!

Comment

Welcome to the madness, brotha. Those Big Poppa's are serious business and I like the openess of the design.. and the fact that it is mobil.

Comment

Welcome @MarkSimmers

Comment

Welcome to the pit MarkSimmers! We look forward to seeing your cooks!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. We are happy to have you. Great introduction!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mark.

Comment

Wellcome aboard Mark. Seems like you have things in hand. Looking forward on hearing more from you. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Mark ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Have fun and eat good food!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                        Glad ya joined us here, y'all...

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                          Pirate Scott commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey Mr. Bones just noticed you got a Promotion!

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Pirate Scott!
                          I did get an updated title, yessir, thanks to Huskee!

Welcome From Clay, Ny

Comment

Welcome, the boy went to JMU. Nice aera you be living in.

Comment

Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here