Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South Florida

Hello everyone!
    Say something about myself... I enjoy smoking and grilling, in that order. Originally a Bay Area California guy and moved to Florida 27 years ago and still cannot get used to the humidity.
    I have a weber grill for grilling and a primo kamado grill I just purchased for smoking /slow cooking. I've used recipes from this website before and I'm extremely impressed. So I had to join.
    I want to up my game and looking for "been there done that" experiences. I learn from my mistakes and also my magic moments and don't mind sharing both.
    Hope to make a lot of new friends and acquaintances here.
    I just picked up a 13 LB pork butt from Costco and want to know the best rub and sauce to use with it. I'll be using my kamado and this is the first butt on this new grill.

Thanks

I'm also from S Fl PBG to be exact. You will like it here.

Comment

Welcome rmusso999

Comment

Welcome aboard rmusso999. Yeah humidity sucks or actually it drips. Eat good & have fun! Check the rub department, there are many to choose from.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. First, you probably have two smaller butts in that Costco wrapper - but that's a good thing. It allows you to get much more bark. The rub of choice for most here is Meathead's Memphis Dust, (MMD). As far as bbq sauce is concerned, choices here are all over the place. I prefer a Carolina red sauce myself.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I routinely do 10# Boston Butts I'm my Big Green Egg, and recently did a 11# one. Thirteen pound is a real whopper. I am guessing 12-14 hours at 225 toman internalmtemp of 200.

Comment

Welcome from the panhandle (Pensacola area)!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! I agree that it’s likely two butts wrapped together. I use the Memphis Meat Dust myself…Great rub, but recognize it has no salt. Be sure to dry-brine the night before applying the rub! As for sauce, I’m partial to the Stubbs line of sauces, but my last two pork butts never got to see the sauce! They were devoured as fast as I could pull them apart!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
                    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Neptune Beach, FL. I've been here all my life and I'm not used to the humidity either. Just imagine the folks who inhabited this place in the pre-air conditioning days On the bright side, every season of the year is grilling season here. No worrying about the impact of freezing temps on the cooker that our northern brethren contend with!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Your making friends and acquaintances already! 😀 I too use Meatheads Memphis Dust rub or MMD as it's called here. I like sweet heat in my sauce so I start with the Kansas City sauce recipe and add a few Chipotle pepers and a table spoon or two of the Adobe sauce.

Say so long to bottled BBQ sauce and hello to amped up homemade Kansas City-style sauce with this step-by-step recipe. Thick and sweet, Kansas City barbecue sauce has been a crowd favorite since the introduction of KC Masterpiece in the 70s. Our delicious recipe features multiple layers of flavors, sweets, and heats.

Oh and we like pics so post get ready to post a lot here!

Comment

Greeting!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here