Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Topic New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Topic New Member

Hi. Although I am a new member, I am not new to this site. I have been a griller since I first got married just as my Dad was. He never smoked any food and neither did I until about 4 years ago. I stumbled upon the AmazingRibs website one evening and spent hours looking through the site. next thing I new, it was 1:00 AM and I had to work the next morning. That night, I decided to make ribs, smoked like the site said to do it. I didn't bother asking my dad how to do it because he never smoked in his life (other than cigarettes). I had a built in grill which had no vents on the bottom and the grate was in pretty Bad Shape. That week, I had one of my vendors weld me up a new grate (36" x 18" and a raised grate for the bottom that coals sit on so they got air. The grill did not have an adjustable vent in the hinged top but it had a door in the back that that could be opened full or kept closed.

That first smoking took about 3 1/2 hours, including crutch time. I must say that they turned out pretty darn good for an amateur! I cooked on that grill for 4 more years while living in Jacksonville. I did ribs a few more time, a Thanksgiving turkey, chicken and sausages. When I moved to Texas (Houston Area) all I had was a Smoky Joe when we moved that I had used for camping. My other grill was the permanent install. I really couldn't smoke in the little kettle very well and about 2 months ago I got a taste for the ribs I had cooked. I went out and bought a new Weber Kettle and I have since smoked baby back ribs, Smoked rub chicken, seared steaks, and I did jerk chicken tonight. every time I cook on the Kettle, I get better and better. Being a Chicago boy by roots, I made a smoked Italian beef with hot gardinier Still have some gardinier left in the fridge.. I also invested in a digital thermometer which reads the grill temp and the meat temp. Every time I cook I get better at controlling the temperature for the entire cook time.

I enjoy barbeque so much that I wish I could do it every night of the week!

I just joined the Pit Club and I hope it helps me become better at barbequing and that I meet some people online as mentors.

Regards to all and HAPPY GRILLING!

Kit Moran

Welcome from Winnipeg. You are definitely on the right track. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
        Glad yer here, to learn along...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support. Great intro! Do you have any pictures of that grill mod? We loves those. If you are looking to get become a better Pitmaster, you found the right place. We have a ton of members and staff that will be eager to help you out.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome Kit! Fantastic intro story, happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome Kit Moran

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kit. If you can afford it, you should consider getting an SnS for your kettle. That will make controlling temps much easier, and will allow you to easily smoke pork butts and chuck roasts, plus other tasty proteins.

Comment

Welcome. I love the story!

Comment

Welcome Kit!!

Comment

Welcome aboard Kit. It is assured you'll be gettin better n' better at Q'ing, cuz you joined us. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Save your pennies and get a Slow N Sear for that kettle. Turn that fantastic Charcoal Grill into a World Class Smoker!! And a Steak Searing machine!! I have not been paid for this advertisement....LOL. I'm just really happy with the product and the results. Cheers!!

Comment

Welcome, great introduction!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here