Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetz from the small Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetz from the small Belgium

Hi all,

Living in Belgium and visiting amazingribs.com for a while now, I decided today to join the membership and look around for a few months.
    A few years ago, I was enjoyed to get a BGE Large. At that point, I couldn't grill more than a few black sausages. Nowadays, the little brother BGE Small has joined his bigger brother. They are guided by the 'Smoke' thermometer, by Thermoworks.
    In the beginning we've started with BCC, bacon and ham. Now we're hotsmoking also PP, salmon shrimps and other eels.
    Liking to start coldsmoking, I'm trying to get some information about digital smokers, in casu Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker With SmartChef Technology ( http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...hef-technology ), but those ones are hard to buy in Europe by the way.

Welcome kukle! I lived in Belgium for 4 years. Great country and amazing food there.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I cook on and Large BGE, too. I own a BGE MiniMax and at times I wish I had gotten the Small.

Comment

Welcome to the pit kukle! Great to have another European onboard!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

• kukle
          kukle commented
          Editing a comment
          Txs Henrik-from-Sweden :-)

Welcome to The Pit. With the smokers you have now, you could easily smoke some beef or pork. In the US, the easiest cuts are called chuck roast for beef and boston butt for pork. I don't know if your butchers produce the same cuts, but you can look up charts that show where these cuts come from on each animal and show that to your butcher. Good luck.

Comment

• kukle
          kukle commented
          Editing a comment
          Txs for the tips, RonB. Boston Butt is known here, using it for the Pulled Pork. Chuck Roast is not known here this way, I'll look up what it's over here.

Welcome to the Pit! Always nice to hear from those around the world! Have fun in here!

Comment

Welcome from Northern California!

Comment

Welcome @kukle

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

Eels - I'd eat that!

Comment

Welcome from Bedford. The UK one, so not that far!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. We are happy to have you here. Thanks for the support.

Comment

I have not lived where anybody on this site has lived or done what anyone has done. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here