Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Southern New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Southern New Hampshire

Howdy Folks,

Last year, the State of New Hampshire approved my asylum application and allowed me to migrate from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. My lovely wife (a Granite State native) and I are now comfortably settled in Beautiful Merrimack, NH along with The International Dog of Danger (25 pounds of pure Cockapoo fury), a Weber Spirit 310 gasser and a brandy, spankin' new Weber 26" with the requisite SnS and DnG accoutrements and assorted Thermoworks stuffage.

So far, I've managed not to screw up a Reverse Seared Ribeye (following David Parrish and Baby Back Maniac 's YouTube Instructional); didn't totally ruin a batch of ribs (it looks so easy on the videos!) and have jumped off the deep end and promised the children assembled pulled pork this coming Sunday. I'm an early riser so getting a 9.6 lb Butt done by 2pm should be wicked easy, right.

At any rate, a boy's gotta have a hobby (or 3) and since low-carb is the only way I can consistently keep weight off (my wife swears I can gain 3 pounds just walking past a bakery - and she's never wrong), finding new and betterer ways to cook protein outside is a big win.

Being able to monitor the proceedings whilst partaking of good bourbon/scotch/irish/rye and fine cigars merely adds to the charm. And the stogies keep the skeeters at bay.

Why, yes, I do wax verbose at times. Why do you ask?

That's enough OPSEC violations for one post.

Thanks for being here!

-Andy

Welcome! We can always appreciate another blarney producer!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, an' Begorrah!!!

Welcome to fun and learning! Great tools to cook with!…although you'll find MCS will hit soon enough! PB is very friendly and can handle the heat, so it will make for a good cook while you get acquainted with the long-cook on the kettle! Have fun and eat good food!

Comment

Greetings from Colorado, Andy!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Andy.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!!
          Lookin' forward to pics; they're mandatory here...

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah, pics & mandatorial.

Welcome Yankee Andy! Like the stuffage reference. Always interested in new words. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome YankeeBBQ

Comment

Mr. Bones FireMan Roger. Wilco

Here's tonight's reverse sear Ribeye meatness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_46073.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	372074Click image for larger version

Name:	image_46074.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	372069
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by YankeeBBQ; August 30, 2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Read You Lima Charlie
                    Beautiful Stuff, there...
                    Many Thanks fer sharin'!

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    YES, meat!

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd eat dat. Yep. I would.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD! Glad you were able to escape from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome from the People's Republic. We lived up near ManchVegas for over 30 years, moved south just over four years ago because the commute into Cambridge (the *real* People's Republic) was killing me. You'll be right at home here.

Comment

• YankeeBBQ
                        YankeeBBQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, Carol!
                        I still have to commute to the PRM, but only to just before 128. Moving cut my wife's commute by 30% while only increasing mine by 100%. I had worked in Cambridge for a while, right by Alewife. Great Indian food in Central Square and lots of other good eats all around. That said, I'm eating more home-cookin' now that I've upped my BBQ game.

Welcome to the PIT! Agreed; down with carbs and UP with the BBQ intake! Great advice

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here