Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Long Island NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Long Island NY

I joined the Pitmaster Club about a week ago, finally!!! I bought a Visions kamado on whim at Costco 18 months ago and realized I had no idea what to do with it. My search of the internet brought me to Amazingribs.com and I have been a Meathead disciple ever since. I had never used smoke and mostly incinerated meat on gas grills prior to my enlightenment.
    In addition to the kamado I have a gas Nexgrill (soon to be replaced)
    I use a Maverick ET732 BBQ thermometer and a Thermoworks RT600C pocket thermometer (Meathead influence here)
    I use a ceramic grill store spider, deflector stone and drip pan in the kamado.
    I have made ribs, pork butt, beef short ribs, chicken, turkey, duck, salmon, lobsters and pizzas all from or influenced by amazing ribs recipes.
    Mr Meathead you have made me rather popular with the family and the neighbors.
    I was thrilled last week when Mr Meathead commented on my Ultimate Smoked Turkey photo calling it a "serious contender".

Welcome aboard dix... good to have ya

Comment

Belated welcome dhs! Glad to have you here, glad you found us and thanks for the support! It sure sounds like your experience level shot up 15 years in the last year & 1/2! Great job on your signature too. In case you have any more new members questions on how to do certain things, please check out the new member homework post.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Kudos on the turkey dix! Welcome to the pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here