Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Whitehouse TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Whitehouse TX

Hello from Whitehouse, TX (just outside Tyler, TX). I decided to join a few weeks back, but have been using the site for a couple years (I think). I finally decided to get around to posting and possibly interacting in the forums. Married, father of 4, and in sales management. We BBQ or grill 5-6 nights a week at my house, and entertain guests at our house at least 2 weekends a month. I truly believe in having a balanced diet daily of the 3 major food groups as supported by science: BBQ, whisky, and pie. An avid cigar lover, and gun guy. Looking forward to making a few friends, learning a LOT of techniques, tips, and tricks, and generally furthering our craft. Hit me up if you have any questions, as I promise I will be asking plenty of my own. So mote it be.

Welcome to the Pit! Glad to meet you.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit texastweeter! Pleasure to have you, thank you for the support. I love your 3 food groups!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at [email protected].
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members, (whether Free Trial or subscribing), or those with a USA delivery address. We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome texastweeter

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
            Glad ya joined up, finally...
            My BFF is not far north of ya' in Pittsburg, was on Lake Bob Sandlin, near Leesburg, right north of 11 hwy...she lived/worked some time in Tyler, as well.
            I've spent lots of time there, an' it's where I'm headin', few more years, upon retirement.
            Beautiful country, wonderful folks...

Comment

Thank you, and nice to meet all of you. Huskee, the homework has been done already, and 1 & 2 as well. My father is a member here, but he does not post. We have an ongoing argument about gas and or pellets vs his charcoal, but that is another story for a different thread. Hoping to get him a bit more active here as he retired from the ministry recently and spends his time out on the farm (which is just outside Pittsburg, Mr.Bones) Anyway, I will let everyone go for a while as I need to run to the store to grab some produce for the chicken street taco salads I am grilling tonight (that and I am down to my last two bottles "non special occasion whisky". My wife fancies herself an amateur photographer (even though I have spent more money on her equipment than most "pros" have) so I am sure she will have some good looking pics to throw up here occasionally. Anyway, see you through the smoke!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet deal; hail, we's practically neighbors, then...
                Lookin' forward to th' Missus' pics, an' yer food, tips, techniques, etc.! Put that gear, an' her mad skillz t' work!
                Man, pull up a chair, grab a bev, an' join on in! Let's us jaw some!
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 16, 2017, 06:17 PM.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Excellente! I've been trying to improve my pics as well, but I'm slow at improvement. I eat it all like a pro though so stick with what you're good at I suppose.

I too like those food groups + bread & butter. Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Florida (by way of San Antonio). I feel like we would get along wonderfully. Those are also my favorite food groups.

Comment

Welcome to the pit texastweeter, glad you joined!

Comment

Now there's a combo, BBQ, whiskey & pie. Almost sounds like a song is comin. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here