Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another from VA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another from VA!

Hi,
    My name is Scott and I live in southeast Virginia (Hampton, right outside Langley AFB). I grill or smoke almost every weekend year round and enjoy learning new ideas and better ways to do things. I try do to all the normal things from pork butts or ribs to brisket but really enjoy experimenting with recipes normally cooked inside (often from all over the world) and see how it goes. Most of the time it comes out at least ok but sometimes, my wife tries it and then gets up to see what left-overs are in the frig (well, I might be exaggerating just a little)! I look forward to new ideas and learning better ways to prepare meals.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Hampton, VA

Welcome fellow Virginian!

Comment

Indeed, welcome from another Virginian - Leesburg (northern VA) here! A lot of recipes here, and we look forward to seeing yours, too!
      Last edited by richinlbrg; December 1, 2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Keep on keeping on sarnott. I know I've had my share grilling experiments not go as planned. All you can do is try not to go over the same territory twice and use each fail as a learning experience. Welcome from the SC Lowcountry!

Comment

Welcome Scott! I think your experience is quite familiar to many of us. Check out the recipes threads here, many folks have posted some great looking recipes with pics too.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos! Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome Scott! I've been to Langley a time or two. I forget why. We were hauling something, I'm sure (Prior C-130 Navigator). Can't wait to hear about some of those cooks that sends the wife to the fridge

Comment

• sarnott
              sarnott commented
              Editing a comment
              Dave, Ever spend any time at 7th ACCS (ABCCC) or in the AC community? I spent some time in the back of both of those and with Jackpot but mostly spent my time in E-3s and E-8s.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here