Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from SoCal

I'm new to Pitmaster Club, but I've learned a lot from this site over the past couple of years.
    I never tasted real barbecue until I was invited to a pig roast 36 years ago--what a revelation! I've been cookin' ever since, progressing from a Weber ketttle to a steel New Braunfels to a Big Green Egg.
    When my daughter was engaged, she asked me sweetly if I'd smoke pork shoulder for her wedding reception, and I couldn't say no, could I? Then I found out I was cooking for 130. It was the biggest challenge I've faced as a pitmaster (nobody has ever actually called me that), and it went very well. I have a lot of probably misplaced confidence now, so my skills need to catch up.
    I think I'm proudest of getting both my sons and a couple of friends interested in real barbecue, and they've all become very accomplished and have developed their own styles. Keep the fires burning!

Welcome Mark!!! I once volunteered to cook brisket for 300. Admittedly it was really just to see if I could fit 5 briskets in my Pit Barrel. It did. Thank goodness. And resulted in many people still asking for cooked goods.

No such thing as misplaced confidence......just shows your not cocky about it.

Comment

Welcome Mark. What a great intro. Anytime you take on a large project like that and are successful it will always be a confidence builder. I look forward to your Posts and Pics.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here