Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amateur / ready to buy Jambo pit economy model vs Langs 48" hybrid model deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amateur / ready to buy Jambo pit economy model vs Langs 48" hybrid model deluxe

Hi everyone my name is Daniel
    im from Los Angeles I'm a amateur
    and ready to up my game I've bought a
    pellet smoker but it doesn't do it for me
    i like the taste of wood and Charcol
    together Im just inspired and ready
    I'm looking @ Jambo pit economy
    model and Langs 48" hybrid delux
    before I decide I would like to hear some
    feed back
    Last edited by Daniel Reynoso; July 9, 2017, 06:33 PM.

Welcome to The Pit Daniel Reynoso! Glad to have you here. I have no experience with either cooker, but Jambo is always standard flow, and Lang is typically reverse flow, if that matters to you. To me personally it doesn't, so I wouldn't get too excited about reverse flow. Both big names cookers, both high quality. I know, that doesn't help sway you one way or the other does it?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thx Huskee I do understand the " reverse flow" from Ben Lang and the Standard flow
      on the Jambo its that Im making a big purchase I just want to make sure its
      the right buy! And easy to use most
      importantly

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
        Both those ya' listed are great smokers!!!
        I'll defer to others' expertise / experience, here..

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Daniel ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Daniel. Sorry, but I have no experience with either.

Comment

welcome aboard! Eat good & enjoy!

Comment

I'm going to follow this topic in hopes I'll one day need to seek very similar questions / answers.

Both sweet rigs. I hear everyone talk about Langs, but not much about Jambos. Likely due to marketing teams.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southeast Alabama, I'm going to follow this thread because I'm interested in knowing more about pellet smokers and I've heard great reviews from both of the ones that you mentioned.

Comment

• Nate
                    Nate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The way this post reads I feel like I have to clarify that Jambo and Lang are not pellet cookers.

I don't have experience with either. If you are looking for a well made (semi) local stick burner take a look at https://californiacustomsmokers.net. I have the ICU and a mini-meat locker from them. I love them both.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Not a stick-burner, yet, but I've only heard good things about those manufacturers. Good luck. Either way you'll make good BBQ!

Comment

Dude, Stick Burning is SUPER GREAT! I write that in all caps because there is not a Highlight Bold and Bright Red letters in all caps option.

The Jambo Economy is a GREAT smoker! I've had mine over a year and used it many times. I absolutely LOVE an insulated firebox, and cannot picture myself owning a stickburner that does not have one. It is a single rack smoker. It holds temps like a charm. Great in all respects.

The Lang 48 Hybrid costs nearly twice as much as the Jambo. It is a double rack rig, and has the warming box, so the holding capacity is more. The Patio model also has larger tires, so it's probably easier to move around, particularly if you have to traverse different grades.

I've never cooked on a reverse flow. Those who have Lang's, like DWCowles praise them all day.

I love the high airflow achieved with a direct flow stickburner, like the Jambo. It builds bark like nobody's business, and I love love love that. So much so I'm wanting to buy one of the big 1,000 gallon super-stickburners from John Lewis Sr.

Some additional details would help. How many people do you want to cook for?

What questions do you have, specifically?

This is going to be fun!!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida!

Comment

Welcome Daniel Reynoso I do own a Lang 48' Deluxe and all I can say is that I LOVE it. I'm sure the Jambo pit is also an awesome stickburner too. You can't go wrong with either one. Good luck on making your decision.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here