Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Texas

I've used this site quite a bit over the last year or so, figured it was time to join officially.

I grew up grilling and smoking stuff with my dad in the back yard, but never got into it very seriously until about a couple year ago when my wife and I bought a house with a nice big patio in the back. Ever since I've been learning as much as I possibly can.. being a certified geek I was drawn to the somewhat scientific approach here. My wife, being amazing as she is, suggested we use part of the tax return last year to buy a Primo XL (seriously, it was her idea) and I was able to really step up my smoking skills.

I'm a busy guy (I own and run 3 small businesses) so I LOVE to relax on a weekend and spend all day smoking delicious foods in the backyard.. during football season it isn't uncommon for me and my wife to spend 12 hours watching games and checking on the food during commercial breaks

I look forward to learning even more and expanding my food menu even further.

Originally posted by k2kyo View Post
    My wife, being amazing as she is, suggested we use part of the tax return last year to buy a Primo XL (seriously, it was her idea) and I was able to really step up my smoking skills.
    during football season it isn't uncommon for me and my wife to spend 12 hours watching games and checking on the food during commercial breaks
    Great job on the bio Kyle, and the signature....and the wife! Although I'm not a sports fan myself, to have my wife by side in my hobbies is a great thing. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome k2kyp - agree with Huskee on having the wife involved.

Both my wife and I love to cook for each other and for friends and family.

It is a blessing having someone around to give honest criticism and who is totally supportive -- and someone who will monitor my pork butt when it hits the stall and I have to go to bed to get up early for work.

My wife gave me the ok to pull the trigger on a PBC recently; granted I wanted a Backwoods Chubby - but as we all know we have to pick our battles.

Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome aboard k2

Comment

Welcome to the Pit K2. As someone eying a Kamado looking forward to hearing about your cooks on the Primo XL.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here