Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy

I'm new to the site and look forward to learning new recipes and ways to make amazing barbecue from others.

I grew up in Texas on some great brisket, goat, pork, chicken and smoked sausage, and of course steaks. I've lived in Georgia since 1991 and presently split my time between there and Alabama at my lake cabin.

Because of my career (airline pilot), I've had the privilege to travel all over the U.S. and to be able to sample wonderful (and different) barbecue from many regions.

I own a Primos XL, a Rec Tec 680 (with cold smoker box), an old Smoke Hollow offset smoker, charcoal, gas and sear plate combination grill/smoker, and a large Weber kettle. I still use all of them and have enjoyed cooking with them through the years, but have really fallen in love with the pellet smoker due to its precise temperature control and the freedom it allows while smoking low and slow for 12+ hours.

Welcome from Colorado! (Delta, I assume?)

Comment

• MaddogCaptain
      MaddogCaptain commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessir, Delta.

Welcome to the Pit! I can't wait to learn a little about your technique for good BBQ! Post pictures if you can.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1576.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	344483Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	344485Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1575.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	344484 Here is a brisket and spatchcock chicken smoked recently on the pellet smoker.

Comment

That RecTec is a beautiful cooker. What temp did you do the chicken?

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
        Glad yer here, food looks great!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Captain, Huntington Beach welcomes you Sir. Looking good! I'm looking forward to seeing future pics.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota! I would not be surprised if you have piloted a flight I've been on.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome from the Florida panhandle (Pensacola area)!

Comment

Welcome aboard Cap. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, MadDog! Baltimore is where I hail from. That Rec-Tec sure is one pretty pellet pooper! Great looking food!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here