Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Pit Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pit Forum

Excited about joining and learning from all your expertise. Have loved grilling for years however didn't realize exactly what I was doing. Purchased Meathead's "The Science of Great Grilling and Barbecuing" and currently reading it cover-to-cover! Any and all advice welcome from a beginner on the Weber charcoal kettle. By the way, although in the northeast where snow is common, I prefer to grill year -round so advice from other cold weather grillers is also more than welcome (albeit looking forward to advise from all). Thanks!

Welcome to fun and learning! You will get lots of help. Just ask away. Post pictures of your results so we can all learn together.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
      Glad ya' joined up, to learn along with us; betcha got some tricks of yer own, too!!

Comment

Thanks kmhfive...still trying to figure out how to post pics??

Comment

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone is likely to come along with a homework assignment for you that will get you going full-tilt. But, what I do for pictures is to click the little icon at the top-right of the post box that looks like a paper-clipped piece of paper. Then I add the picture as an attachment.

As a former Mass. resident, I'd say start thinking about a ceramic kamado.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thanks everyone....now I know where to go for the real advice as opposed to the "canned" vendor replies (not that they're not helpful for a novice like me!)

Comment

Thanks EdF...although not sure what a ceramic kamodo is?

Comment

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't know? That will change real soon.

• kmhfive
                  kmhfive commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Big Green Egg has a lot of visibility, but there are others…Komodo Joe, Primo, Sapphire, etc. The advantage is holding heat really well regardless of the outside environment (to a point anyway).

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Guess what? We have something in common and it ain't snow! Love my kettles. Perhaps a bit thin for all that ice you got. Honestly, i wouldn't know. I'm not really sure what snow and Zero temp does to a kettle but wait for the tram and the next stop may fill you in on that. Ceramic cooker.... I've been thinking about that a bit. Darn that Breadhead .... a bad influence. I digress. Welcome!
                Last edited by HouseHomey; July 6, 2017, 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling, Duh.

Comment

I live in the NE too. I also wanted a year round cooker. This is the review that made me jump. Have had it for about 1.5 years now. Totally love it. One of my first cooks was in two feet of snow. Temp makes virtually no difference with this cooker.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! When you need advice just ask and you will receive.

Comment

Welcome Jmccloskey659

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here