Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a great site and a good life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great site and a good life

I used this site a lot, coming up an el-cheapo version of the Smokenator to get me started with a variety of your recipes. Then, I used your reviews to help me decide on a Cookshack Elite about a year ago.

It seemed only fair to join and pay a little bit back for the wealth of info and the help in getting us started. This site has definitely changed our eating habits! :-)
    Last edited by TahoeWino; November 21, 2014, 05:55 PM.

Welcome TW, I too use an el-cheapo smokenator occasionally. One I make from foil. Works! Let's hear some more about what you like to cook and what you hope to master, etc.

When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature (tip #1) with your equipment. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks.

We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

YO TW WELCOME!

Comment

Thanks guys! I finally found where the "signature" area was and I've posted a couple of photos.

Comment

Originally posted by TahoeWino View Post
          Thanks guys! I finally found where the "signature" area was and I've posted a couple of photos.
          Nicely done Cliff, formatting & all! Love good red wine myself too.

HINT: When you post photos, don't do it from your profile page or to an album. Just post them inside the appropriate threads, like this one for instance. For some reason when posted within profile pages or into albums they do not show to anyone.

Comment

Huskee, Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I was surprised that my albums showed up under photo albums with no pictures attached. Then I noticed it was happening to everyone else, too. My $0.02 is that it seems like a bug that the folks supplying the software to you guys should fix.

Comment

Originally posted by TahoeWino View Post
              Huskee, Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I was surprised that my albums showed up under photo albums with no pictures attached. Then I noticed it was happening to everyone else, too. My $0.02 is that it seems like a bug that the folks supplying the software to you guys should fix.
              Yeah, there are a few bugs with this version of vBulletin and an update is around the corner for us. The IT guys are aware of them. Thanks for you feedback!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here