Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from sunny Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from sunny Southern California

Got excited about smoking after visiting the Salt Lick BBQ in Austin, then I got an electric smoker for Christmas last year. Reading from this site has significantly upped my game even with "simple" grilling of steaks! I'm now using the thermometers almost every cook, and the GrillGrates (even though expensive) were definitely worth it.
    The electric smoker seems to be a great way to do relatively low-stress, low-maintenance smoking. I've done several pork butts for pulled pork, some St. Louis and baby back ribs, and I smoked a couple of tri-tips this past week. I just finished prepping a brisket to put on tonight.

Here's the smoker in action (just a couple of chicken breasts when I 1st got it).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01 116.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	334157
    It came with a crappy dial thermometer in the door, so I removed that and use the hole to trail out the cords for my thermometers.

This is (half of) the 1st St. Louis rack I did, before a little sauce. So good!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03 016.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	334158

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit DocVadr ...👍

I think you will enjoy the Pit. We are just a bunch of backyard Pit Master wannabe's that are fine tuning our BBQ & Grilling games. If you ask a question you will get lots of valuable input.

I will warn you about a condition that seems to infect every new Pit Member though, soon after paying their $24. We call it MCS, More Cooker Syndrome. For some unknown reason new members start buying additional smokers, grills, many BBQ accessories, storage sheds and do deck and patio remodeling projects.🙀

We have no clue what causes this and we are sure there is no known cure. You being a Doctor might find the answer, but I doubt it. If you get the urge to buy a Weber kettle, a PBC, a stickburner or a Kamado cooker... just roll with it. Then start shopping for all of the necessary accessories to make that cooker dance. That's the normal motisoperandi in the Pit.

Your wife may start questioning your excessive gear acquisitions but don't get worried... we can supply you with a list of our usual canned answers we use to make those purchases seem ABSOLUTELY necessary.🤗

Have fun in the Pit...👍
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 17, 2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't believe a word he says,.................AND,............you can't have any of my cookers, go get your own!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! Keep the pictures coming… love pictures of good BBQ!

Comment

• DocVadr
          DocVadr commented
          Editing a comment
          Putting on my 1st brisket. Going to have to jerry-rig something to get it to fit! Will post some pics below!

Huntington Beach welcomes you DocVadr where are you in SoCal? And yes this MCS thing even affects Cheap...errr... thrifty people like me who is considering a purchase worth more then my (old) car. Breadhead was right, no known cure except more stuff. And yes we have answers. Allow me please to give you the first.

Honey, this is a far healthier way to cook for us and the kids. You do want us to be healthy right?

You are are very welcome.

Comment

Welcome DocVadr

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you use on a regular basis. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for the support! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Make sure to jump right in on the fun. This is a a great place to hang out!

-Spinaker

Comment

I thought I had noticed an itch since joining...I've got a mild case of MCS myself! I'm in Chino Hills, Homey!

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Boom!!

Welcome Doc! Low-stress cooking ya say? 'Tis why I keep some whiskey nearby...

Comment

Welcome aboard Doc! Eat good & have fun!

Stress? Who said anything about stress? What stress? Where? Huh? Huh?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!!

Comment

Welcome from Oceanside!

Comment

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        YES, Oceanside!!!

Welcome from Northern CA

Comment

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        DocVadr Ca. weighing in! see what you started?

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here