Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Ireland, Guess I should introduce RED DOG Artisan Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Ireland, Guess I should introduce RED DOG Artisan Foods

We stumbled across this Great Website and just about wet ourselves. Man...I find myself spending hours reading and wandering all around this place. I am so glad I found you. I am from northern California originally, and have always had a burning passion about BBQ from the time I was just a 11 year old kid. Spent time working at a few BBQ places when I was in college, Trying to learn from the Best I could find.

For years we have had friends and family from Ireland, visit us in northern California and we would always send them off with a proper American BBQ of Brisket, Chicken, Burgers, Ribs, Pulled Pork and at least 3 different sauces and sides. Often they would comment on a sauce and say that it tasted just like a place they had just visited, like Kansas City or Austin and then proceeded to try and convince us to move to Ireland to make and sell that sauce, because they would never find anything like it once they returned to Ireland. and...;our answer was always, " I don't think so, already have a job and kinda like it here."

Well, things changed about 7 years ago, the Mrs. decides that its time for her to go back home after 40+ years in the states. Within a week, we decided that we would try our hand at making those BBQ sauces that the family and friends liked so much. Now 7 years later we are producing 9 different sauces that geographically represent flavors from Florida to Oregon, 5 basic Dry Rubs that help the Irish duplicate the underlying flavor for most of the southern and western states and a couple of other ranges of infused Sea Salts and sweet chili jellys. We have even taken to doing BBQ training sessions, to help them learn how to do it right. We still have our work cut out for us, they haven't got the flavour or the way to do a proper pulled pork. But, hey, they are willing to learn.

Thanks for all the great articles and information, I refer as many of my new Irish BBQ recruits to your website as I can.

Paul VanGelder & Barbarann Cousins RED DOG Artisan Foods, Kilkeel , county Down, Ireland

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome! Nice to meet you. Please share with us and help us learn, too!

Comment

Nice to have you here. Thanks for the nice writeup. What a wonderful life--BBQ and Ireland. I bet you're having a great time.

Kathryn

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you both. I bet the lamb and pork are amazing there?? What do you cook all that food with?? Do you have KBB there? Sorry, it seems I don't get out much.

Comment

• Red Dog Artisan Foods
              Red Dog Artisan Foods commented
              Editing a comment
              The Pork is fabulous, the lamb, can get a bit strong, we like the Goat. Currently, I have an assortment of Webers, and a bradley, Main problem we have is getting the point on a full brisket, they have a nasty habit of shaving all the fat off.

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow. I appreciate the reply. Goat can be amazing!

Lucky you, with your wife a native/citizen. I missed the jackpot by one generation (great-grandmother)!

Comment

• Red Dog Artisan Foods
              Editing a comment
              The wife helped, but in the end, it was all about cash, Total so far, $ 5700+ for permanent residence, want another $ 2000 for citizenship and a british passport.

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I had read a while back there are much more major investments required if you have no one in the family who can get the passport. But I just found out that 2 of my wife's grandparents were Irish citizens, so ... ;-)

Welcome to the pit! And thanks for pointing your fellow Irishmen this way! It sure is a good place to hang out.

Since you’re new, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Greetings from Colorado...

Comment

Welcome Red Dog Artisan Foods

Comment

Great story. Hope you are enjoying Ireland. I have never been but it is on my list of places to visit. Welcome from Winnipeg Canada.

Comment

• Red Dog Artisan Foods
                    Editing a comment
                    You should make the trip, the Irish really identify with the you Canadians !

Dia Dhuit from Kansas Territory, welcome to th' Pit!
                  Please, tell us more, like where's yer website?
                  Glad yer here with us, lookin' forward to hearin' more...

Comment

• Red Dog Artisan Foods
                    Editing a comment
                    Website got severely hacked and has been taken down for now. Face Book: RED DOG Artisan Foods, is where to find us for the immediate future.

Cooking good BBQ for people that have never been exposed to it would be fun. Making money doing that would be even more fun! When you've created your original signature Irish BBQ dish post it here in the Pit and give us a try at it.👍

Welcome to the Pit...🤗

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Paul and Barbarann.

Comment

A Lucky Charms flavored sauce would be awesome!!!

Comment

• jgreen
                    jgreen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like it!! Needs a small pot of leprechaun gold (could be mustard based?) to go with it.

• Red Dog Artisan Foods
                    Editing a comment
                    There could be some hope for that one ! Thanks and keep 'em coming.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here