Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Rhode Island

Wow, had a look-see and from what I can tell I'm the first new member from the northeast that's posted in a while! Might be the weather....

Anyway, I only found the site about 2 weeks ago. I'm originally from the Shenandoah Valley in VA, made my way to RI by way of the good ole US Navy, and here I am today. I currently own a single gas grill, Weber Genesis 2 burner, that came free with the house I bought! Found the site looking at reviews etc. My dad owns a restaurant back in VA and I grew up with some awesome food in the house. He's currently on a pellet smoker kick, turning out some amazing smoked salmon and sausages.

I'm planning to purchase a Weber kettle+slow-n-sear in the next few weeks, debating on whether to spring for the Performer... I'm excited to be cooking with charcoal again, reading the advice, and trying out some recipes!

Welcome from Kansas Territory, thank fer yer Service in USBGCC!!!
    (Recoverin' Seabee, here!)
    Roger dat re: 22.5"+SnS+, good call!
    Ya' can make great food in that Genesis 2, especially with yer upbringin', huh???
    Lookin' forward to more from ya'!

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! Thanks for your service. You will have a lot of good food using the Weber 22 and SnS. I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever kettle you pick.

Comment

Welcome my_first_username

Comment

Welcome aboard from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Ash removal on the regular Weber is a pain.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I occasionally make it over to the Shenandoah Valley. Where is your dad's restaurant, and what's it's name?

Comment

• my_first_username
                    my_first_username commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The restaurant itself is not in the Shenandoah, it's near the center of Nelson County, in a place called Lovingston. It's called the Lovingston Cafe.

Welcome to the Pt! I was born in Westerly RI. Nice town!

Comment

• my_first_username
                    Editing a comment
                    Really is a great place! Friendliest town I've been in the north east!

• Mudkat
                    Mudkat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We lived in Weekapaug a half mile from the ocen in the early sixties. Bet we couldn't afford to live there now!

Welcome aboard from someone currently in the Shenandoah Valley! Is your dad's restaurant in this area? Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have since joining - it's a great community and we're glad to have you.

Comment

• my_first_username
                    Editing a comment
                    Whereabouts? I'm from Waynesboro and my parent's restaurant is over the mountain in Nelson County. It's called the Lovingston Cafe.

• j_keegan
                    j_keegan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool! I'm in the Harrisonburg area. I go through that area from time to time, I'll have to check out his restaurant!

• my_first_username
                    Editing a comment
                    Met my wife at JMU...small world

Welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you here! Thank You for your service.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Great Lakes State of Michigan!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here