Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A smokey hello from Myrtle Beach SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A smokey hello from Myrtle Beach SC

Hello fellow pit masters (and novices). I am a new smoker, into my hobby / passion for about 2 years now. I started off on a cheapo barrel smoker and since falling in love with AmazingRibs.com am now working on a Horizon 20" Marshall Special.

Frankly I have learned much of what I know from you Meathead and also the other contributors/authors on this site. I will learn all of your names with time.

Thanks to your recommendation I have my grill, the Horizon (only buyers remorse is that I did not spend more on a reverse flow), I monitor my temps with the Thermoworks Smoke, and Pop for quick temp reads, I trim my meats with a Rapella filet knife and I use my 20" ultimate tongs. Everything that I purchased and use regularly I researched and purchased from your recommendations. Again... Thank you very much.

I love to cook, and smoking meats has turned into a passion of mine. I can't help but load my grill with 30-40 lbs of meat even when I am cooking for 4-6 people. The leftovers never go to waste.

I have just recently joined the pit master club, though I have been using this site as an online barbecue bible for the last few years and I am looking forward to feedback about my posts. One day I hope I can feed each of you and you all would be welcome at my table. Just bring some beers (for during the cook) and bourbons for meal and dessert.

There is nothing I don't want to smoke on this grill and have already smoked Turkeys, Duck (cherry chipotle and l'orange), Ribs, Pork Butt, Brisket, Chicken and Salmon (pastrami crusted).

Tomorrow morning I will be lighting my smoker around 3-4 am to put on a Packer cut (left) brisket texas style. Love the big bad beef rub. I am new to cutting the brisket before serving, and I hope that is my biggest flaw. Following your step by step recipe my briskets have been delicious.
    Also going on the grill will be 2 8 lb pork shoulders and about 10 lbs of dark chicken quarters.
    Pork and brisket are currently dry brining in the fridge, the bbbr and the memphis dust rubs are made in advance and the chicken is chilling in some home made mojo as a wet brine.

For anyone in SC, I would love to join a competition team. My grill is not quite big enough to enter a KCBS cook off on my own and a trailer mounted pit grill might have to be added to my collection.

Last edited by WRXRob; May 30, 2017, 03:13 PM.

Welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you here! Great intro!!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
      Very much enjoyed yer intro; sounds like ya' been followin' th' right path!
      Them Special Marshalls is one desirable offset cooker, in my assessment!
      Lookin' forward to hearin' some more from ya'!

Comment

Welcome! I really enjoyed your intro. If you can, post pictures of the cooker in action and the Heavenly results!

Comment

Wow, sounds like you are going to be a great resource to US with all the cooking you do - and nice Marshall smoker! Glad to have you in The Pit!

Comment

Thank you guys. I read my homework before I said hello. Love the site, can't imagine breaking any of those rules. Though around my pit I do tend to cuss.

I hope to be posting my cook journal and photos during and of results with tomorrows cook. 3 large pieces of meat and chicken, hopefully all coming off and served together. Piece of cake (i tell myself knowing fully well I am in for some work/fun).

Paper plates and plastic silverware tomorrow. No need for more dishes than I am already doing. Ha!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rob.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Rob ...

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Charlotte! Wait...Do I hear the makin's of a beach trip in the works?

Comment

• WRXRob
                      WRXRob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you're not working tomorrow... though I doubt that its beach weather all day.
                      Come on down, bring booze and an appetite.
                      I am thinking its worth the 4 hours each way.

Welcome from Indiana...

Comment

That is a tough lookin cookin mochine ya have there. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome WRXRob

Comment

Welcome to the pit WRXRob!

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

• WRXRob
                              WRXRob commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Me too

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here