Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heya from WV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya from WV

Howdy folks. Love this site and finally had a few spare bucks to join. By day I work IT at a teaching hospital (boring), and by night I'm a musician (Yeah!). I also do a little home security consulting on the side. I come from a big Italian family, so I was raised loving to cook, but BBQ and grilling are what I have the most fun with. I mostly cook for family and friends, but it feels like its evolving into a small catering operation. Other than that I'm a happily married father of 4 with #5 on the way.

Very happy to be here and look forward to all the fun of being a member. Cheers to all!

Welcome to fun and learning! Congratulations on your family! I found that the kids got a lot easier with number 5 and beyond -- built in babysitting! Nice selection of cookers also. I can't wait to see pictures of your results.

Comment

Howdy right back atcha from Kansas Territory!
      Welcome to th' Pit, glad ya' joined us here!
      I also have a modified Highland (LOVE IT!!!), an' a Weber (or mebbe ~two.)
      Also, been known to pick a bit, sang, or blow some harpoonicus, as needed...
      Ain't got but a Learner's Permit, fer th' cookin', or th' music...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, friends. I promise to have some pics up before long, as it's past time to kick the grilling and smoking into high gear.

KMHFive: Tons of kids isn't as bad as most people might think except for laundry. That's one thing our house struggles mightily with. I look at our laundry room and wonder if there are people in our house I haven't met yet.

MrBones: My Highland is still new to me. The first cook wasn't great, but that was my fault. This last one was a quick tri-tip, but that was fantastic. I'm really excited to throw a ton of ribs on this weekend and really have some fun. PS: Although I've played professionally most of my life I don't have no learner's permit either. I just stay down in my studio where I don't have to argue with licensed musicians and torment my poor family.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have you beat. My wife and I have six kids. I do know the laundry struggle!!

Good thing you love to cook with #5 on the way. Might I suggest you wrap that meat the next time? As the oldest of eight and raised dirt poor might I also suggest the advantage of skirting slave labor laws but putting all those young uns to work... seemed to work for my parents.

Welcome to the pit my friend. Smoke em if you have em...

Comment

During peak years, we were doing up to 2-3 loads a day! Its great to have a big family.

Comment

• StealthChef
                StealthChef commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely true. If you would have told me 5 years ago I'd be where I am right now I'd have freaked out. Now that I'm here it makes me a very happy guy.

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome!

Greetings from Colorado! Welcome aboard ...

Comment

Welcome StealthChef

Comment

Welcome from just over the mountains in "East" Virginia! Glad to have you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit StealthChef! Great to make your acquaintance, thank you for the support here. I dabble a little in music, surely not pro though, only a hobby. 3 kids here, and yes, there isn't a day that goes by where there aren't clothes somewhere..usually the couch, counter, or dinner table, lol! I can't imagine adding another kid or 2 to the mix, but congrats on a nice and growing family!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
                        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• StealthChef
                          StealthChef commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good to meet you man. Thanks for the kind words. If you find happiness in playing music, then you're the best musician ever. Homework was done yesterday. Can't wait to see what everybody busts out tomorrow. 👍🏼

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here