Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from the Texas Hill Country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from the Texas Hill Country!

Well, I may not be a native Texan but I got here as quick as I could! After 25 years in the Navy, I was finally able to spend some time learning the art of BBQ and couldn't think of a better place to start then TX. I live 15 minutes from the Salt Lick and 25 minutes from Franklin's, Coopers and Blacks (the new Austin locations). Boy it's been fun to do the BBQ eating circuit.

I compete locally 6-10 times per year mainly in Lone Star BBQ Society (LSBS) events. Got very lucky first year in 2010 and was invited to Meridian for the Nat'l Finals. Unfortunately, work conflicted and I wasn't able to attend, nor have I gotten lucky again since.

I'd like to change my luck and hope I can gather some nuggets of info from this site to get me there. Cheers to ya'll!

Welcome! Thanks for your service. I hope we can learn from each other. Enjoy great food!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Well, Howdy right back atcha', from Kansas Territory! Welcome to th' Pit!
        Glad yer here, amongst us!
        Thanks fer yer Service in USBGCC!
        (Recoverin' Seabee, here)

Comment

Bienvenido from the coastal plain from another naturalized Texan and veteran (12 years active duty Army Medical Corps). We're glad to have you aboard.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado (former USAF here) ...

Comment

Welcome Texas Que Stepper

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You are the envy of BBQ lovers everywhere.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Texas Que Stepper! Glad to have you aboard, thanks for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here