Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the home of the Indy 500 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the home of the Indy 500 ...

Been a reader for about 6 months, tried a few recipes and finally joined yesterday. I grill on a BGE and have started to smoke with an electric smoker (it's the neiborhood standard). Newbie on grilling & BBQ, more experienced in international cuisines.

Grew up in Boston, lived in NYC, Philadelphia and U.K. Been in Indy almost 5 years. Trained as a computer scientist and physician. I do drug development, working for a large Pharma company. Traveled, studied cooking in Asia, Europe extensively. Still employed, enjoying work, but for only a few more years.

Looking forward to sharing, learning, eating and having fun conversations ...

JayZ

Welcome to fun and learning! Now that you're in the Pit, you'll see that we like sharing pictures of what we cook. Feel free to join us!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD JayZ ! We're glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit JayZ .

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Have you tried smoking on your BGE? I get great results on mine, so I am just wondering why you have started using an electric smoker.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you here! Great to hear you are getting into BBQ after your illustrious rap career! J/K

If you are into Kamado cooking check out this thread. This has a TON of great information for Kamados!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome JayZ

Comment

• JayZ
                JayZ commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles, thank you for the welcome. Great to be here, among friends.

Welcome to the pit JayZ!

Comment

• JayZ
                JayZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Henrik ... great to be here ...
                Last edited by JayZ; January 14, 2018, 01:27 PM.

Welcome from just down the road in SW Indiana.

Comment

• JayZ
                JayZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Nate !! Still exploring Indiana, so looking forwRd to seeing you someday at a competition or just fun. I’ve got a little more time now than back in May ...
                Last edited by JayZ; January 14, 2018, 01:27 PM.

Welcome Jay from Philadelphia

Comment

• JayZ
                JayZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Yo, mattyb05 !! Missing my old ‘hood, even as I enjoy my new one. I get to visit because my son is in school in Philly for another year ... still get to my old haunts.
                Last edited by JayZ; January 14, 2018, 01:28 PM.

we'll be looking to you to hear some bbq / international fusion ideas!

Welcome!

Comment

• JayZ
                JayZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, EdF ... I’ll do my best ...

Welcome to The Pit JayZ . Enjoy!

Comment

• JayZ
                JayZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, Skip ... glad to be here.

Welcome from Louisiana!

Comment

• JayZ
                JayZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Wando52! Glad I found this group ...

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
              Welcome to the Pit! Have you tried smoking on your BGE? I am just wondering why you have started using an electric smoker.
              Basically, because there are no other BGE users in the ‘hood and there are about half a dozen electric (mostly the smaller Masterpiece) smokers. So for now, i’ll follow and learn from my neighbors. That said, I’m learning a lot here on amazingribs.com and will definitely start using the BGE as a smoker well.

Right now I’ve done a couple briskets, a whole turkey and 3 smoked whitefish and a salmon fillet. All got rave reviews ... but I know I can do better —that’s what experience and practice do to your skill level. Planning to do a whole goose next ... and take & post photos 😀

Comment

Welcome aboard JayZ. You’ve got many, many fellow egg & kamado users on this site. Go ahead, just ask one question & you’ll be deluged with help/advice. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here