Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another Saturday spent sitting outside by my smokers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another Saturday spent sitting outside by my smokers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	318836Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0275.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	318837Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0277.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	433.0 KB
ID:	318838Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0285.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	318839Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	318840Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0284.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	318841 I'm enjoying sitting outside and manning/watching the smokers for hours on end, that's a good thing, especially when these are the results! Brisket, burnt ends, ribs, sausage...and wife made mexican rice to go with the brisket. Ribs and sausage in 18.5 WSM, 275, wrapped after 2 hours, working on getting that glaze and seem to be getting better. Brisket at 275 also, this time fat side down, a lot of black pepper (I like the Texas style), wrapped when it reached 165, pulled off grates at 195, cut off point and made the burnt ends, let flat sit in cambro for 2 hours. I can't believe I'm sitting here typing this instead of eating more!

Sounds like you had a great day! Everything looks great. Brisket with Mexican Rice is a special treat. My sister-in-law also makes some killer rice.
    I absolutely love days like this. Cheers!

Comment

Beautiful looking outcome. And sounds like a great day to boot! Thanks for the pictures.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Some great looking food. A wonderful way to spend a day in my opinion.

Comment

A vacation without leaving your own yard...love it.

Comment

Dude!!!!!

Comment

All looks amazing! I have an 18.5 WSM, too. How do you feel going fat side down on the brisket compared to fat side up?

Comment

• Dom
                  Dom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think going fat side down gave me a more intensely flavored bark/crust; but I'd say the overall flavor when going fat side up seems better, I guess as some of the fat renders and bathes the meat. I did not inject, either, this time around.

• Dom
                  Dom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And I did the brisket in the 22.5 WSM; I have both the 22.5 and 18.5. I used the 18.5 for the other items I cooked yesterday.

A great Saturday hanging out with the smokers cannot be deducted from ones life. Nice cook.

Comment

Man that looks good. I spent all day Saturday playing with fire also. Nothing quite like getting up really early, getting that fire going, then sitting back and watching the sunrise on a beautiful Saturday. We are blessed!

Comment

Nice cook! That sure is quality time right there.

Comment

What a good looking cook! I'm so glad I joined this group. My wife thought I was crazy for wanting to spend all day on the patio with the smoker. It's reassuring to see how many of us are this healthy kind of crazy

Comment

Very nice. I was out on the deck almost the entire day Saturday tending to a pork butt. Wonderful day!

Comment

It's that you get to sit with yourself and with the world, and reflect. Personally, I find it very good for my sanity.

Comment

Yup. Nobody is yelling at me (Mrs, people at work) and I'm not yellin st anyone (kids, people at work).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here