Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muppets has nothing on this Swedish Chef!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppets has nothing on this Swedish Chef!

Born and raised in Sweden, moved to the north shore of PA in 1985. Found amazingribs.com a few years ago, love the thoroughness in which everything is done on this site.
    Just got a Weber Genesis II E310, last grill I had was a Char Broil true infrared.

That grill lasted me somewhere between 7-10 years. I'm counting on the Weber to take me through the rest of my life.

Getting back to the true infrared, it burned hotter than the Genesis I have noticed but the pain of keeping it clean, and the poor quality all the components made me want to step up to the big boy league. The only thing that lasted were the burners (only thing under warranty), had to replace the infrared shields and grates. Noticed at the end of last summer that the cook box was completely rusted out. Did I mentioned the pain of cleaning it? It had a side burner, kind of missing that on the Weber. Did I mention that it was a pain to clean it? Got $12 for it at the scrap metal place!

Loving the grease management system on the Weber, wow did they put some thought into that. Love how easy it is to clean, my old grill was a pain to clean, did I mention that?

Also have a CHEAP bullet style electric smoker. Have made some amazing meals on that one! Smoked ribs, brisket, pork shoulders, thanksgiving turkey and sausage fatties on that thing.

Was very frustrated when I smoked my second brisket, the first one came out really good. The second one I never got over 165°, and had a hungry crowd. We ate shoe leather that night. Thanks to amazingribs.com I then learned the science behind the stall. Thank you Meathead!

I will leave you with my father in law's favorite saying: Time flies like the wind, and fruit flies like banana!

Looking forward to hang with you guys!

Welcome to the pit, we are happy to have you here! I see you and Henrik have already become acquainted. It is great to have another Swede in The Pit. We look forward to your input. Don't be afraid to jump in at any time!

Since this is your second post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
    Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
    Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome! I haven't barbecued banana yet. Got any pictures?

Comment

Welcome Swedish Chef

Comment

You didn't mention anything about cleaning the cheap bullet smoker. It must have been a pleasure. Well, now that we have the anguish of your cleaning your old gasser out of the way, welcome aboard, eat good & above all have fun, even if it's cleaning your Weber.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
            Glad ya' joined us here!!!
            "So, de beency bouncy burger, eh?"

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

• Swedish Chef
                Swedish Chef commented
                Editing a comment
                In MD right now, visiting my daughter and her family

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope you're getting some crab cakes and Baltimore Pit Beef while you are here!!

Welcome! Say, how was that old gasser to clean?

Comment

If we hear about any mishaps you have in the kitchen, we'll try not to make any comparisons... Glad to have you!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and greetings from du gamla, du fria, du fjällhöga nord!

Comment

Welcome Swedish Chef! Thanks for the support.

Comment

welcome from CT

Comment

Welcome/välkommen Swedish Chef
                          Cheers from Norway/Norge
                          Last edited by Elton's BBQ; May 21, 2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here