Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PBC user and New to the club...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PBC user and New to the club...

Hello guys... My name is Lou from northern Ca., I am a new Pit Barrle Cooker owner and new to the site/club... I have allways like grillin' and about 5 years ago, my wife got me a cheap smoker from sears... I loved it, but, it was such a pain to use, first of all, it was a gas fed fire, and had a place for wood to smoke...it was so hard to control the temp on the dam thing... but, I still had a great time smokeing rib, pork butts and briskets.. so for my Birthday, I got a PBC and had my first cook on it (2 racks for ribs, and a chicken... IT WAS SO EASY... The Ribs came out great, the chicken teasted great, was cooked wonderfully, but, the skin was a little rubbery... if there is any one who knows how to solve that on the PBC let me know... otherwise, I am a rank begginer as pit cook... (I don't want to say Pit Master until I am killin' it on any meat that comes out of the smoker...) I really love this site... thank you all so much for the community, I know I am going to learn a lot here.

Welcome from NE IL and a PBC cook. Check out the PBC posts under charcoal smokers. You will find your chicken answer there.

Comment

• Blue Lou
      Blue Lou commented
      Editing a comment
      RR Will do and thank you, I love my first cook on the PBC just had the ribs again for dinner!

Welcome to The Pit Lou. I don't have a PBC, so I will leave it for others to comment.

Comment

Welcome Blue Lou

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you here. Congrats on the new PBC. They are great cookers. We have a lot of great PBC support in here. Check out this link for more tips and lighting information.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

• Blue Lou
            Blue Lou commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Spinaker.... will do on all the above... folks have been very nice to me even though I am a horrible beginner.... But, I love smokin and grillin.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            There are no "horrible beginners" here. Just jump in, there are no dumb questions. As you have seen everyone here is very helpful and willing to help. We were all in your shoes at one point. I know I was. Blue Lou We hope to hear more from you.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Blue Lou, we ALL were beginners, prob'ly more horrible than yerself, at some point in time

Welcome to fun and learning.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
            Glad yer here, we gonna have us some fun!

Comment

Wecolme to the Pit! The rubbery chicken skin was probably due to either the skin not being dry enough when you started or you cooking temperature was too low or a combination of the two.

Comment

• Blue Lou
                Blue Lou commented
                Editing a comment
                that something I will try LA.... thanks for the tip!

Welcome, Lou ... the most fundamental "secret" to good chicken with crispy skin is to get that PBC up to 350 F ... which usually means cracking the lid a bit.

Comment

• Blue Lou
                Blue Lou commented
                Editing a comment
                OHHHH great tip.... Next time I will do either ribs or chicken.... I think I just got a little greedy.... The Ribs were great,... thanks again for the great advice...that is why you are a pit Master

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Blue Lou Welcome to the Pit! Nice post!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Louisiana!

Comment

Make sure you dry brine the chicken with the seasoning that comes with it and rub a little baking powder on the skin. When cooking in the PBC chicken likes high heat 350-400 range. This will really help.

Comment

• Blue Lou
                      Blue Lou commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is great advice.. I will get the PBC up to 350 next time I hang chicken...

I learned it all here. Jerod Broussard and fzxdoc
                    Last edited by jecucolo; May 9, 2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here