Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from South Florida

Hello, my name is Preston, I'm 31, and I just moved to South Florida a year ago. Born and raised in the Bay Area California, my grilling inspiration came from my father. Like my passion for cars, my BBQ passion struck me later in life. It wasn't until I moved to Portland OR in 2008 that I became fairly serious and involved in all things grilling and barbecue. I have many memories of my father at the helm of the grill, so maybe it was a way to stay close to home while I was away. As much as it is still more of a hobby and something that I get to do mostly only on weekends ( and having 2 very young children and a wife who works weekends often makes even that difficult ) I spend a decent amount of time reading up on the subject and trying to perfect my art.
    Now that I'm down here in Florida, my grilling is expanding into the seafood world, which is awesome. I will say that I have to put in an effort to find my beloved tri-tip down here though. I've met people that have never heard of it! When I tell my buddies from back home they are usually beside themselves. BBQ brings people from all walks of life together for a great time, I think that's what I like most about it. Looking forward to learning from you all.

Welcome to The Pit Preston! I see you've got the sig filled out, thanks! That's an awesome first post. I have two young kids and a working wife myself so I can very much sympathize with you.

Comment

Hey Preston! Nice to meet you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here