Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy, y'all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy, y'all!

New to the forum. Had to move back to Illinois from Texas (sigh) and I'm glad I found this site. Texas is synonymous with barbeque and there is so much great info here, not to mention dedicated pit masters!

I've read the articles on the Pit Barrel Cooker and would really like to try this thing out. My priorities are brisket (surprise), back ribs and pork butt. I look forward to tips and tricks using the PBC.

Thanks for all of the info y'all!

Welcome to The Pit webwolff! We're glad you're here with us. For the best info possible on the PBC, please be sure to visit our PBC forum here. User "fzxdoc" has put together a fantastic collection of tips & tricks, lighting procedures, etc. There are lots of talented PBC pitmasters here, so you're in great company.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from N. Illinois! Nice to have you. Have you purchased the PBC? There are several folks on here that will help with tips. I've got a friend at work who owns one.

I use a pellet grill grill and a Weber 22 kettle for my BBQ. Growing up in Mississippi, BBQ was pulled pork. But I've learned about brisket and it's a blast to cook on either grill.

The reviews that Max Good does have been very helpful to me as I make decisions on what to buy next. There's always a next.

Have fun fun and enjoy learning.

Comment

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York.

Comment

• webwolff
          webwolff commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

i have not bought one yet, but soon! Years ago I got a Char-Griller for a birthday present and was never able to get any consistency of of this thing. A pain in the "butt", if you will! I have read a lot of good things about the PBC.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! My favorite low and slows are Pork Butt (surprise) spare ribs, Brisket, beef short ribs, baby backs, chuck roast and lamb shoulder. So far I haven't found a low and slow haven't liked.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome webwolff

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! ... can't go wrong with a PBC ...

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Welcome from NC.

Comment

Howdy right back atcha from Kansas Territory!!!
                      Welcome to th' Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome from SE Georgia!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome and good bye from West Texas, sorry to see you go. Brisket and Ribs are my Favorite. I do like chicken but have yet to get the nice crispy bite though skin lol New found likes include Smoked chuck roast and Beef Short Ribs!! As I started to say Welcome to the pit!! Its impossible not to learn lots of new stuff here even for old dogs like myself!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here