Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric from the Big Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric from the Big Apple

New to this site, just purchased a Green Mountain Davy Crockett smoker, and I'd really appreciate any recommendations re: the following:
    1. which brand of pellets to buy (and where I can find the best on-line pricing)
    2. set-up suggestions/advisories for this particular model
    3. recipes that work best
    4. recipes combining sous vide technology with smoking.

Love good 'que, can't wait to get started and become part of this diverse community.

Welcome Eros

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York, the Southern Tier, Eros.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome! Great choice on the grill, IMHO

I havent settled on a "best" pellet source yet. Still trying out different sources. What I do know is that you want minimal dust. So, based on that I'm avoiding "Pit Boss" pellets from my local hardware store (Menards) right now. I just got a bag off Amazon that I'm going to try next weekend.

I don't have any advice other than to set up per the directions for now. There are multiple recipes on this site and I've not found one I didn't like!

Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Each one of those bullet point are an entire thread, here in the pit. Check out the links below! Everyone has different needs. Check out these links. They will help you narrow your search.

1. Pellets
              2. Pellet Grills
              3. Recipes
              4. SV and Grilling/Smoking

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Comment

• Eros
                Eros commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks for the guidance, and yes I did my homework! I found a local source for pellets (yes, even in Manhattan), this weekend I'll assemble the smoker (assuming the instructions aren't in Korean) and embark on the maiden voyage.

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome !!!!!! Good luck with your first cook! Eros

Welcome to The Pit Eric. I can't answer any of your questions - no pellet smoker here. BUT, don't forget to add in shipping costs when calculating the final cost of pellets. If you are a Amazon Prime member, there are lots of pellets that ship for free.

Comment

Welcome aboard Eric. Where about in NY are you?

Comment

• Eros
                  Eros commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Upper west side of Manhattan

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's cool Eric. I'm across the bridge in Rockland.

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from sunny Florida!

Comment

Welcome from Texas

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Welcome from Kansas Territory!

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here