Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy from Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from Virginia

Just joined Pitmaster, and am waiting on the delivery of my Signet 320, hopefully tomorrow. Bought it after reading many reviews, especially from this site, and look forward to learning my way around it. Thought about a charcoal grill, and my brother is upset I didn't go this route, but most of my grilling is for dinner after I get home, and I don't have the time with young kids to wait for a charcoal to heat up then cook dinner. When they are older, right? :-) Anyway, thanks for having this forum, I look forward to many pleasant, informative discussions!

Welcome from Colorado! There are no wrong cooker choices ... because you'll eventually have one or two of each anyhoo ...

Comment

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      MCS will come!

Welcome from N. Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from California. If you are cooking outdoors you are doing it right. Like MBMorgan said, you will get a bit of everything down the road. We are a cunning group. We never tell you your equipment is bad. We don't put you down. We enjoy what you post. Just when you are lulled into the comfort zone we convince you to get something "new" because we can't afford it and want to see if it is "all that it is cracked up to be". Look at poor PaulstheRibList . Before he joined he was just minding his own business by BBQing and somehow we convinced him to get a trailer, a business and to be successful and happy. He wanted none of that before he was here. Just look: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ckbarbecue-com . I've never seen anyone happier!

Comment

Welcome Tiger46

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tiger46 and thank you for joining! I hope you enjoy your Signet and the food you cook on it!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Gas is fast, but here is my plug for charcoal. Start the charcoal and then go inside and begin prepping your food for the grill. When you do it that way the time differential between gas an charcoa shrinks.

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York, Tiger46

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from another Virginian.

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Tiger46 Welcome to The Pit from Northern Virginia! This is a great place for all things BBQ. Beware! More Cooker Syndrome (MCS) is a dangerous addiction fueled by this forum. I have 3 cookers (Yes, many of you out there are laughing and saying only 3!?! Ha!) and plotting where I'll put a fourth.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                      Steve Vojtek commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The beauty of the Pit is that no one would ever laugh at how many cookers one has or what kind they are.
                      When I joined all I had was an old dishwasher converted to an electric smoker. As long as the food is great it doesn't matter what its cooked in...IMHO..

Welcome, to The Pit from another Virginian!

Comment

Tiger46, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                      Enjoy "The Pit"!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger46 View Post
                        Just joined Pitmaster, and am waiting on the delivery of my Signet 320, hopefully tomorrow. Bought it after reading many reviews, especially from this site, and look forward to learning my way around it. Thought about a charcoal grill, and my brother is upset I didn't go this route, but most of my grilling is for dinner after I get home, and I don't have the time with young kids to wait for a charcoal to heat up then cook dinner. When they are older, right? :-) Anyway, thanks for having this forum, I look forward to many pleasant, informative discussions!
                        Yeah, you know, when they get to 5 or 6!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here