Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooter38 here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooter38 here

As a new member of the pit, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 62 years old and recently retired which now leaves me with plenty of time for my two favorite hobbies, skeet shooting and grilling/smoking meat. In the very short time since I discovered Amazingribs.com, I have learned a tremendous amount about grilling and smoking. The first, and probably most important thing that I learned was how little I knew and that much of what I have been doing was misguided. I'm excited to have the opporuntity to learn from those of you that know so much more than me about how to turn a raw hunk of meat into a delicious feast! I'm happy to be here and appreciate all of the resources on this site. I am looking forward to some great discussions on the forum with all of you fine people!

Welcome to The Pit Shooter38! We’re glad you’re here and thank you for introducing yourself! Hope to see you around often.

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Shooter38!

Comment

Welcome from KC, MO.

Comment

Welcome aboard Shooter. They don't call it Amazin' for nothing. You've only just begun. By your musings, there is something in the shadows that has'nt taken effect yet, or ar least only mildly, it is MCS. We are all waiting to see how you deal with it. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Shooter38 welcome to the Pit! Tell us what you cook on.

Comment

Welcome from Sacramento, Ca.

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York, Shooter38

Comment

Welcome Shooter38!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Shooter38 ...👍 For $2 per month you've taken a MAJOR leap forward on your BBQ/Grilling addiction. The real value of the Pit is after you read stuff over on the AR website about how to do something and the science behind it, you can come over here and say how the hell do you do this on the type of cooker you're using. Then there will usually be an experienced group of women and men that have that cook figured out on your type of cooker. They will share they're experiences to help you figure it out quickly.

What kind of cooker/cookers are you working with?

Comment

Thank you. I should have included my equipment info in my original post. I have 22" Weber kettle grill, a Weber Genesis EP310 gas grill and a 40" Masterbuilt electric smoker. I prefer charcoal grilling to gas so I use the kettle grill more often than the Genesis.

Comment

Welcome from Manitoba. This site does tend to make you want to buy more cookers and accessories. Have fun and enjoy.

Comment

@Shooter 38, I Welcomed You on Your Previous Post! Let Me Now Expound a Little on the Great People in "The Pit"! You Will Come to Consider Them Amongst the Best Friends You NEVER Met to Quote a BF No Longer With Us! These People Are The BEST! Every Man Jack and Lady Jill of them Will Do Everything They Can To Help You Out! All You Have To Do Is
                              Ask! 👍👍👍👍👍
                              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here