Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Ulster County New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Ulster County New York

Hello everybody!

The cooking I have been doing in the past is only grilling. I have never smoked before. I have a brother who does smoke and a friend at work who just joined the competition world of smoking (his pull behind smoker is huge). I have never did anything with rubs or marinades to my meats and I am willing to learn.

Right now I have a basic Weber gas grill. It is about 10+ years old but still in great condition. The unit has only two burners one for the left side and one for the right side of the grill and they are covered by one long cover down the center of the grill. The unit has no flavorizor bars. Before I upgrade my grill either to a newer gas grill or to a smoker unit, I want to make sure I can smoke first on this gas grill. I basically want to prove to myself if I have the talent for smoking or not.

To help me learn smoking and different ways to smoke, I am currently reading the following books. I am constantly looking for more books on smoking.
    - The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling by Meathead
    - Smokin with Myron Mixon
    - Weber's Smoke "A Guide to Smoke Cooking for Everyone and Any Grill"

I want to learn how to smoke everything but I will never smoke fish, chicken, and turkey since I have allergies to them.

About me..
    I am single, never married, and have no kids. I am an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts and I am an active volunteer. I enjoy model railroading (Lionel O Gauge and American Flyer S Gauge). I also enjoy hiking and reading a good book (I mostly read Star Wars books).

Welcome to The Pit and good to meet you!

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida and from another Eagle Scout! Follow this site and earn your Meat Smoking Merit Badge!

Comment

Welcome from Otsego County NY.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Rockland County NY

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to Fun. I've enjoyed learning how to really cook!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois ftietjen1

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from south Louisiana

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

welcome from CT

Comment

Welcome from Texas

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here