Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David "Type2" from SWVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David "Type2" from SWVA

Hello,

New to the overall smoking community, only been smoking for a couple of years now. Just getting heavy into the community in the last 6mos and looking to get into competitions and catering in the next few months.

Love amazingribs as it has been a perfect resource.

New website should be up by the end of the month http://www.type2bbq.com (ughh... so many things to do)

David

Welcome aboard Type2! That doesn't have anything to do with Diabetes does it?
    On a serious note, take note of our upcoming seminars to help you on your road to competitive BBQ. And be sure to take us along for the ride with pics and posts in the Competition Barbecue channel on the main page. This will help all members in the future who search there looking for tips. We're all here to help one another.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome post on the main page, as well as the Tips post underneath that. That will help you in filling out your signature properly as well as uploading pictures. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
      That doesn't have anything to do with Diabetes does it?
      Actually, yes it does... I am making Gluten Free (wife is gluten, and soy allergic) and Diabetic friendly BBQ.... Been a rough road as gotta keep sugars down (mostly using stevia and honey) and gotta watch commercial spices as they contain anti-caking agents and fillers which are usually gluten heavy products.

I will check out the seminars. Right now have been doing churches, and local festivals to get the word out. Really looking forward to trusted advice from users on this forum!

Comment

Wow! That's great, very noble, very unique. My wife is GF too, she has celiac disease. We wish you the best! If you feel like sharing any of your recipes you're welcome to. The only caveat is Meathead et al wish to not cross the boundaries of health here as this is not the proper venue for that. But if you have anything you can share to help others please do Type2!

Comment

Wow full celiac that is hard, my wife is not full celiac. I also agree this is not a health forum, but I am happy to share anything I can about how I am making my BBQ that is helpful to the community that does have issues. Heck, that is one of the reasons I am so passionate about this craft is helping those that have to watch what they eat enjoy the same things as others. Too many times having my wife be frustrated that she cannot eat something! It is the foodie in me.

Comment

Yeah, she's well used to it and so am I, we've been together over 12 years. We eat lots of rice in place of noodles, she buys GF bread, bagels and pretzels (which are better than regular pretzels if I do say so) and has found a couple favorites that are tolerable, she found a GF baking mix called Pamela's that tastes exactly like regular flour for bread or pancakes, cookies, brownies etc. She eats pizza toppings on pizza night, or makes her own with GF crust. Modern science/chef ingenuity has made it so that those with that issue have choices now instead of just having to shun nearly everything. To some GF is just a diet fad, but there are those who truly are allergic. But, important in the BBQ world is meat, and she's not allergic to meat, or potatoes! Anyway, kudos to you and your pursuit!

Comment

My wifes BIGGEST pet peave is the "fad" diet GF people....
              checkout the mixes from Betty Crocker they are some of the best we have found in a pre-mix style.
              The other brand that we found we love is Jules (http://www.julesglutenfree.com/) she really makes a great product and a great price.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                My wife's too! And thanks, I'll check them out.

Hey Type2, Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome to The Pit David! I see you've got the Sig figured out and are already active, awesome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here